Rating the 'fridge
- Stay Cool. Domek, Tad // FoodService Director;6/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p60
Focuses on selecting the right refrigerator-based equipment for food service operations. Types of cooler applications; Information on the general rule for walk-in refrigeration; Cooler requirements for the facility.
- Where to put it. // Caterer (2055-7817);04/24/2015, pIV
This article focuses on food storage in the food service operation and the equipment to be used. It discusses the receiving and storage of food supplies, the influence of menu on food storage, storage of dry foods, factors to be considered when storing food into refrigerated and freezer units,...
- Walk-in Refrigerators and Freezers. Bendall, Dan // Restaurant Hospitality;Mar2001, Vol. 85 Issue 3, p106
Provides information on the factors to be considered in purchasing walk-in refrigerators for restaurants and food service industries. Features and capacity of refrigerators; Importance of product warranty; Description of doorframes and ventilation systems.
- WHAT'S BEST FOR YOUR OPERATION? MAKING FREEZERS FIT. Domek, Tad // FoodService Director;3/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p68
Offers guidelines on selecting freezers for food service operations. Factors to consider in analyzing freezer equipment; Ways to identify the range of freezer technology and type of equipment required in a dining facility; Requirements of walk-in freezers; Reasons for utilizing blast or shock...
- Snow and ice belong outside--not in a bakery. // Food Engineering;Oct2012, Vol. 84 Issue 10, p135
The article reviews the Auto Pressurization System (APS) for walk-in food freezers from IJ White.
- Refrigeration Innovations for Longevity, Service. Powell, Peter // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;03/05/2001, Vol. 212 Issue 10, p22
Reports the importance of innovations in the refrigeration systems in Atlanta, Georgia. Agreement between DuPont and coil manufacturers; Introduction of the PRO3 refrigeration system for walk-in coolers and freezers; Usage of the conventional technology for both the horizontal rotating...
- Reducing Wear and Tear on Walk-in Units. Hall, Gary // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;05/14/2001, Vol. 213 Issue 2, p30
Provides insights on purchasing walk-in refrigeration units. Tips for evaluating unit doors; Assessment of equipment wall panels; Guidelines for selecting refrigeration systems; Information on product safety and sanitation.
- American Mortuary Coolers offers Custom Colors and Oversized Two and Three Body Upright Units. // Funeral Home & Cemetery News;Oct2015, pB14
The article discusses about the leader in refrigeration and storage of bodies the American Mortuary Coolers which offer Custom Colors with two over-sized bodies and three bodies in upright units.
- Creating Savings in Coolers. Powell, Peter // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;7/2/2007, Vol. 231 Issue 9, p17
The article presents an overview of the white paper called "The Demand for Energy-Saving Incentives for High Efficiency Scroll Compressors in Walk-In Coolers," published by Emerson Climate Technologies Inc. It is stated that the paper explains how scrolls work in the context of walk-ins,...