- Five Defrost Methods For Commercial Refrigeration. // ASHRAE Journal;Mar2009, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p38
The article focuses on the five defrost methods for commercial refrigeration in the U.S. It notes that hot gas defrost, electric defrost, water defrost, condensing unit off permitting natural defrost and external heat source defrost are the methods used by commercial refrigerated display and...
- FREEZER BURN. // Appliance Design;Jun2009, Vol. 57 Issue 6, p8
The article reports on why self-defrosting freezers cause freezer burn. It references an article in the "Journal of Food Science Education" that explaining this condition. Allegedly, the heating coil contained in these freezers retains the vapor pressure of the air inside the freezer compartment...
- Air-cooled Condensing Units. Marchese, Joe // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;9/4/2006, Vol. 229 Issue 1, p37
The author reflects on location where to put the condensing unit for the overall success of the installation. He argues that the installing contractor will need to select the proper location of the condensing unit when installing walk-in coolers and freezers. He suggests that installing...
- Ways To Keep Reach-Ins Running Under Stress. Jennings, D.A. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;8/2/2004, Vol. 222 Issue 14, p21
Discusses ways to keep walk-in coolers and freezers running under stress. Impact of oil logging on the operation of a refrigeration unit; Service Technician's Real-World Environment Simulation Standard test; Defrost of the evaporator.
- Refrigeration Innovations for Longevity, Service. Powell, Peter // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;03/05/2001, Vol. 212 Issue 10, p22
Reports the importance of innovations in the refrigeration systems in Atlanta, Georgia. Agreement between DuPont and coil manufacturers; Introduction of the PRO3 refrigeration system for walk-in coolers and freezers; Usage of the conventional technology for both the horizontal rotating...
- Reducing Wear and Tear on Walk-in Units. Hall, Gary // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;05/14/2001, Vol. 213 Issue 2, p30
Provides insights on purchasing walk-in refrigeration units. Tips for evaluating unit doors; Assessment of equipment wall panels; Guidelines for selecting refrigeration systems; Information on product safety and sanitation.
- American Mortuary Coolers offers Custom Colors and Oversized Two and Three Body Upright Units. // Funeral Home & Cemetery News;Oct2015, pB14
The article discusses about the leader in refrigeration and storage of bodies the American Mortuary Coolers which offer Custom Colors with two over-sized bodies and three bodies in upright units.
- PLAYING IT COOL. // Restaurant Hospitality;Oct2005, Vol. 89 Issue 10, p112
This article offers ideas on the factors that need to be considered when purchasing a walk-in or reach-in refrigerator. Most reach-in refrigerator manufacturers offer different finish materials, sizes, mixes of refrigerators and freezers, and door configurations. The amount of usable...
- Cold Food Cold. Bendall, Dan // Food Management;Jan2011, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p48
The article offers tips when choosing a type refrigerator. It discusses a comparison between "economy" series and "consultant" series of refrigerators, based on their features, finish materials, sizes and configurations. It suggests the use of a multiple door refrigerator unit than a single or...