- Contractors on site. // A-Z of Food Safety;2007, p74
An encyclopedia entry for "Contractors on site" is presented. It emphasizes that business organizations should have a formal procedure to regulate the activities of contractors on site, whether they are the main contractors involved in project work or small-scale contractors involved in...
- Government Food Service Contracts Can be Profitable -- for Those Who Qualify. Cea, William J. // Southeast Food Service News;Aug2010, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p1
The article offers information on government food service contracts. It states that government can become an important customer for food service operators at all levels. It also provides some basics information in determining whether a government concession is right for an operator which include...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;1/16/2006, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p3
Presents news briefs related to the business enterprises in Grand Rapids, Michigan as of January 2006. Approval of a request filed by GP Sports concerning their plan to serve food and beverages on a city side-walk; Re-election of Kayem Dunn and Paul Mayhue at the Downtown Development Authority;...
- RESTAURANT OPENINGS. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;8/7/2003, Vol. 192 Issue 4285, p10
Presents an update on restaurant openings in Great Britain as of August 2003. Olivia's restaurant in Stirling; Curzon restaurant in London; Seafood Restaurant in Fife.
- Corporate armies march on their stomachs. Anich, Peter // New Zealand Management;Dec1999, Vol. 46 Issue 11, p89
Focuses on the changes in corporate cafeterias in New Zealand. Link between the employees who used it and the quality of catering; Comments from Bernard Trevor, facilities manager at Carter Holt Harvey; Trend in outsourcing of catering services.
- Havana comes to Times Sq. Lape, Bob // Crain's New York Business;9/12/2005, Vol. 21 Issue 37, p43
The article reports on Havana Central owner Jeremy Merrin's restaurant at Union Square. In 2002, Merrin established a modest beachhead at Union Square. This 235-seat restaurant fills a space in the theater district with color, noise, fun and flavorful food. The Havana Central downtown was...
- R&D NEWS. // Beverage Industry;Jun2003, Vol. 94 Issue 6, p61
Presents news briefs related to food industry and trade in the U.S as of June 2003. Announcement by New York City that it has cut more than 150 positions, mainly from its North American and European operations, as a result of its corporate reorganization; Declaration by Danisco that it will...
- Changes On Tap. Allmendinger, Scott // Restaurant Business;9/15/2005, Vol. 104 Issue 13, p6
Presents information about the relaunching of the journal "Restaurant Business." Comments on the findings of a psychographic study which asked people about their lives; Views of the customers who feel that restaurant work is a passion or lifestyle; Remarks on the features of the new magazine...
- LET'S LUNCH @ San Francisco Kitchen. // Business NH Magazine;May2004, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p13
Features the San Francisco Kitchen restaurant, a popular lunch choice that offers a fusion of American cuisine with an Asian twist, located in 133 Main Street, Nashua, New Hampshire. Lunch hours; Price range; Quality of its lunch buffet; Signature dishes; Ambiance; Contact information.