Park menus getting 'greener'
- a taste of eden. McRobbie, Jason // Alive: Canada's Natural Health & Wellness Magazine;Mar2009, Issue 317, p94
The article focuses on the kind of foods served by Ralf Wollmann, executive chef at the Rimrock Resort Hotel, in Banff National Park, Banff, Alberta. Wollman stresses to offer healthy menus that meet the needs and demands of their guests. Several recipes that are served in the hotel are also...
- SPAS WITH HEALTHY TREATS. Head, Thomas; Hacinli, Cynthia // Washingtonian Magazine;Oct2005, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p169
Presents information on menu offerings of several spas in Washington, D.C. Spa at the Mandarin Oriental; I Spa at the Willard; Splash.
- A PECK OF COLORED PEPPERS. Reis, Maureen // Restaurant Business;4/1/2005, Vol. 104 Issue 6, p49
The article focuses on chef Phillipe Trosch of the Ventana Room at Loews' Ventana Canyon Resort in Tucson, Arizona who is making sure he has a good assortment on hand-including white pepper from Sumatra and green peppercorns from Brazil. Just as certain wines pair with foods, Trosch believes...
- Welcome HOME. Benes, Robert J. // Chef Magazine;Aug2006, Vol. 50 Issue 8, p40
The article relates how executive chef Chad Kornetzke manages six food outlets. He started working at the Osthoff and at the beginning of 2006 was promoted to resort's top position. Kornetzke states that working at the resort is an ongoing challenge he has to manage everyday. He is involved in...
- BARCELONA ÃNGEL TAKES FLIGHT AGAIN. // Gourmet;Jun2004, Vol. 64 Issue 6, p62
Focuses on the cooking work of chef Angel Palacios at the Sitges resort in Costa Dorada, Spain. Menu.
- Home away from home. Disbrowe, Paula // Restaurant Business;01/15/98, Vol. 97 Issue 2, p60
Deals with comfort and homestyle foods as one of the major trends shaping 1990s menus. How a dish can be comforting; French menu with Cuban cuisine; Dishes in the Chicago's Russian Tea Time, an upscale restaurant. INSETS: Menu sampler;Alsatian memories.
- WITHOUT RESERVATIONS. Orovan, Bill // Echo Magazine;3/25/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 14, p66
Provides information on several restaurants in the U.S. Caribbean food offered at the Blue Heaven; Contemporary Mediterranean cuisine served at Bacchus; Menu offered at Mangrove Mama's.
- JEFF RUBY'S. // Cincinnati Magazine;Dec2003, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p226
The article focuses on Jeff Ruby's, a restaurant in Cincinnati, Ohio. Each person get a warm welcome, with each passing waiter giving him a "good evening." The maÃ®tre d' moves across the floor on the paws of a catâ€”a man who knows how to serve without being servile. The menu in the...
- SARASOTA'S 10 BEST. Byron, Su // Sarasota Magazine;Apr2006, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p80
The article presents cuisines that are served in various restaurants in Sarasota, Florida. Anticuchos served at Salva Grill features spicy kebabs of meat with marinade and served with fried mashed plantains. Foie gras with brioche bread pudding garnished with vanilla bean is prepared at Beach...