Midwest gets taste of India
- FIRST-EVER EVENT: Sodexho chefs in cook-off. // FoodService Director;01/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p24
Highlights the First Annual Culinary Competition for chefs sponsored by Sodexho Marriott Services. Criteria of judging the teams of chefs; Winners of the competition.
- BUILDING NEW DIETARY COMBOS: Fresh fruit on the menu. Lassen, Mary // FoodService Director;06/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p110
Provides information on the trend of using a variety of fresh fruit offerings at food service institutions in the United States. Profitability of using fruits for desserts; Percentage of food service operators that serve fruit items on the menu; Food items served by Michael Woitas, executive...
- At Sodexho Marriott: Chef association created. // FoodService Director;09/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p24
Reports on the creation of Sodexho Marriott Services' Chef Association. Objectives of the association; Comment from Peter Katsotis, culinary services director at Sodexho.
- Sodexho Marriott chefs compete in culinary competition. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;12/11/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 50, p20
Reports on the participation of six chefs from Sodexho Marriott Services in the company's first culinary competition held in Gaithersburg, Maryland in November 2000. Demonstration of skills in meal preparation consisting of an appetizer, a soup or salad and an entree; Chefs composing the...
- The Hangar eatery takes flight, soars at Wright State University. // Nation's Restaurant News;01/08/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p20
Announces the move of Sodexho Marriott Services and Wright State University of Dayton, Ohio, to open a dining facility called The Hangar as a tribute to airplane pioneers Orville and Wilbur Wright. Establishment's use of aviation theme and murals depicting the Wright brothers and the history...
- SODEXHO-MARRIOTT: A Euro kitchen concept for Marshall Univ. // FoodService Director;03/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p84
Focuses on the foodservice operations of Sodexho Marriott at Marshall University in Huntington, West Virginia. Food service outlets of the university; Explanations from Carol Copley, general manager; Selection of specialties offered at the Twin Towers cafeteria; How the foodservice program works.
- Foodservice provider compares remodeled university dining hall to fine restaurant. // Nation's Restaurant News;02/26/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p18
Highlights the remodeled dining hall of Plattsburgh State University in Plattsburgh, New York. Comparison of the quality of the dining hall to commercial operations; Number of years Sodexho Marriott Services has been managing the food service operations in the university; Main feature of the...
- Sodexho Marriott debuts vegan menu at Ithaca College. // Nation's Restaurant News;02/19/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 8, p24
Highlights Sodexho Marriott's vegan menu introduced at Ithaca College in New York. Items included in the menu; Number of recipes that comprise the vegan menu; Reason why Sodexho Marriott chose Ithaca College as the site for the debut of its vegetarian offerings.
- Sodexho Marriott chef honored by French embassy for work. // Nation's Restaurant News;05/14/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 20, p20
Focuses on the recognition given to Patrice Olivon, executive chef for Sodexto Marriott Services in Washington. Career history; Family background.