Showing their stuff
- Seminars at taste. Bidois, Marisa // Food Service;May2008, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p14
The article offers information on several workshops related to the food service industry including Chocolate Made Easy, led by chef James Ballingall on May 6, 2008, The Devil's in the Detail led by Don Fletcher on May 21, 2008 and Hiring and Firing led by Alison Maelzer on May 27, 2008.
- SPOTLIGHT ON: Foodservice. Field, Katherine // Chain Store Age;Apr/May2011, Vol. 87 Issue 4, p117
The article discusses the highlights of the Foodservice workshop track at "Chain Store Age's" 47th annual store planning, equipment, construction and facilities services (SPECS) conference held in Grapevine, Texas in 2011. The session was entitled, How to Get Franchisees to Opt-In to Corporate...
- CONFERENCES & EVENTS. // Foods Matter (UK);Sep2008, p4
A calendar of events in Great Britain in 2008 is presented including "Gluten-Free Cooking With Lucinda Bruce-Gardyne" in Edinburgh, Scotland on September 14, "Childrens' Workshops" in Haslemere, England from September 16 to October 25 and "New Trends in Paediatric Asthma and Allergy" in London,...
- CULINARY R&D Schedule of Events. // Nation's Restaurant News;9/15/2008, Vol. 42 Issue 36, p60
A calendar of events for Culinary R&D is presented which includes a welcome cocktail reception on October 2, 2008, a hands-on team cooking workshop and off-site supermarket tour on October 4, 2008.
- The briefing. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;1/29/2009, Vol. 198 Issue 4562, p38
The article focuses on Menu for Success, a food service workshop, organised by Northamptonshire Enterprise, which will take place on March 4, 2009 at Brampton Grange, Chapel Brampton.
- NRN to host 3rd annual Culinary R&D confab in LA. // Nation's Restaurant News;9/13/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 37, p8
Highlights the Nation's Restaurant News' third annual Culinary R&D conference in Los Angeles, California. Attendance of menu development professionals at the research and development-focused event; Cook-off challenge for culinary students; Workshops on Asian cuisine, product recalls and new...
- Foodservice: Focus on Food Ops. Field, Katherine // Chain Store Age;May2009, Vol. 85 Issue 5, p126
The article discusses the highlights of a foodservice workshop track at SPECS/2009 annual conference held by "Chain Store Age" in Florida. The topics discussed ranged from sustainability and green building to hoods and grease traps. John Rockwell of McDonald's gave an overview of the chain's...
- Japanese influences proliferate in industry, experts say. Jennings, Lisa // Nation's Restaurant News;11/5/2007, Vol. 41 Issue 44, p48
The article highlights a workshop at the 2007 Culinary R&D Conference held in Los Angeles, California. According to a panel of experts, Japanese influences is growing in American restaurants. The number of Japanese restaurants in the U.S. has increased significantly. According to Japonais...
- Show Off. // Foodservice & Hospitality;Sep2006, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p72
The article highlights the show at the International Center in Toronto which will be held from October 15-17, 2006. The show will include a selection of 18 complimentary workshops and a new cooking feature entitled "The Spirit of Hospitality: Spirit Master Class Series." The workshops will focus...