NACUFS moves forward
- Milius promises follow-through. // FoodService Director;6/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p10
Announces the appointment of Mona Milius as president of the National Association of College and University Food Service. Career background of Milius; Top priorities of Milius; Issues that association members and leadership will tackle in 2005.
- Benchmarking: Free From NACUFS. // Food Management;Feb2006, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p16
The article reports on the free annual Operating Performance Benchmarking Survey offered by the Association of College & University Food Services (NACUFS) to various schools in the U.S. The survey collects aggregated performance measurements of college food service departments. Participating...
- RESULT OF MEMBERSHIP DRIVE: 5 colleges join HPSI program for savings. // FoodService Director;06/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p5
Announces the United States colleges and universities that have been added to the HPSI Purchasing Services' Hospitality Program. Implication of the growth in the membership; Brief information on HPSI and its program.
- NACUFS Celebrates 50 Years At Conference in D.C. // FoodService Director;8/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p18
Photographs of the 50th anniversary of National Association of College & University Food Services (NACUFS) in July 2008 are presented.
- Dining Destination of the Future. Seelye, Katheleen // Food Management;Sep2000, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p22
Features the food emporium, a big trend in food industry with the traditional foodservice and grab-and-go foods in Iowa. Offer of convenience compared to retail stores; Commodities found in emporiums; Impact of the addition of the emporium in college campuses; College campuses adapting the trend.
- Self-Ops: Sales up 3.4%, food purchases grow 2.7%. // FoodService Director;02/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p61
Describes the status of colleges and universities self-operating foodservice in the United States. Overall spending for foodservice; Food purchases; Student spending; Purchasing of meals in retail environment; Increases in traditional board-plan/meal-plan activity.
- Creating specialty items. Hirschfeld, Jeff // FoodService Director;01/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p110
Focuses on wraps and sandwich trends in food services at colleges and universities in the United states. Details on five types of sandwiches offered by Harvard University's Crimson Catering; Brief details on various varieties wraps are available in; Which wraps are more popular; Comments from...
- Participation Sensation! // Food Management;Apr2014, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p10
The article discusses the street food concept offered by dining management services provider in the U.S. METZ Culinary Management, as a creative way to boost student participation in the campus dining program held in Lebanon Valley College in Eastern Pennsylvania.
- NACUFS PREZ HEADS WEST. // FoodService Director;12/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p6
Reports on the appointment of Peter J. Napolitano as director of dining services at California State University in San Bernardino (CSUSB). Career background; Responsibilities of Napolitano at CSUSB; Financial performance of the campus foodservice.