Milius promises follow-through
- NACUFS moves forward. // FoodService Director;6/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p10
Cites the accomplishments of Peter Napolitano as president of the National Association of College and University Food Service. Career background of Napolitano; Information on the changes in the association; Goal for the association.
- Benchmarking: Free From NACUFS. // Food Management;Feb2006, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p16
The article reports on the free annual Operating Performance Benchmarking Survey offered by the Association of College & University Food Services (NACUFS) to various schools in the U.S. The survey collects aggregated performance measurements of college food service departments. Participating...
- NACUFS Goes for the Gold. // Food Management;Aug2007, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p14
Information about the 49th annual conference of the National Association of College and University Food Services (NACUFS) in Seatlle, Washington in July 2007 is presented. The event appointed new NACUFS officials, including David Annis as president, Mark Kraner as director for auxiliary...
- RESULT OF MEMBERSHIP DRIVE: 5 colleges join HPSI program for savings. // FoodService Director;06/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p5
Announces the United States colleges and universities that have been added to the HPSI Purchasing Services' Hospitality Program. Implication of the growth in the membership; Brief information on HPSI and its program.
- NACUFS Celebrates 50 Years At Conference in D.C. // FoodService Director;8/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p18
Photographs of the 50th anniversary of National Association of College & University Food Services (NACUFS) in July 2008 are presented.
- Fresh Vision. Srinivasan, Kirsten // Food & Drink;May/Jun2006, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p142
The article features the University of Northern Iowa Department of Residence Dining Services. According to Mona Milius, associate director of residence/dining, they have changed perception on campus cafeterias based on the menu they provide. She added that they listen to students and give them...
- Food Safety Training Takes the Spotlight. Lang, Joan // FoodService Director;2/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p52
The article focuses on the food safety and sanitation measures adopted by school food services in the U.S. Knowledge and awareness of best practices are emphasized at the University of Northern Iowa (UNI) in Cedar Falls according to residence dining associate director Mona Milius. In order to...
- Dining Destination of the Future. Seelye, Katheleen // Food Management;Sep2000, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p22
Features the food emporium, a big trend in food industry with the traditional foodservice and grab-and-go foods in Iowa. Offer of convenience compared to retail stores; Commodities found in emporiums; Impact of the addition of the emporium in college campuses; College campuses adapting the trend.
- Self-Ops: Sales up 3.4%, food purchases grow 2.7%. // FoodService Director;02/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p61
Describes the status of colleges and universities self-operating foodservice in the United States. Overall spending for foodservice; Food purchases; Student spending; Purchasing of meals in retail environment; Increases in traditional board-plan/meal-plan activity.