School breakfast wakes up
- Setting the table. Alexis, Jennifer // FoodService Director;7/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p38
Focuses on the classroom breakfast programs and reduced price breakfast fee initiative implemented in elementary schools by the Washington County Public School District in Maryland. Increase in the breakfast participation in the school district during the school year 2002 to 2003; Number of...
- The Administration of 'Selectivity' In the Breakfast Program Of a Public Elementary School. Hoshino, George; Ruth, Mary K. // Child Welfare;Apr71, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p201
In the distribution of benefits under a social welfare program, the frame of reference is extremely important as a guide to social policy. The school breakfast program discussed here is analyzed on the basis of two conceptsâ€”universality and selectivityâ€”and the examination points up...
- NEWS BRIEFS. // Graham Leader;6/5/2013, Vol. 137 Issue 84, p1
The article reports that the Seamless Summer Program of the Graham Independent School District will provide free breakfasts and lunches to children aging from 3-18 at the Crestview Elementary School in Graham, Texas until June 27, 2013.
- Florida schools pilot grab-and-go breakfasts. // FoodService Director;12/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p1
Reports on the implementation of a pilot grab-and-go breakfast program at the Weatherbee Elementary School in Fort Pierce, Florida. Number of children enrolled at the program; Breakfast choices; Schedule of breakfast service.
- Beckville Sunset Elementary Volunteer Breakfast. // Trammel Trace Tribune (Tatum, TX);4/24/2008, Vol. 33 Issue 15, p7
The article announces the Beckville Sunset Elementary volunteer breakfast program which will take place on April 28, 2008 in Texas.
- Lakeline Pancakes with Santa Dec. 13. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);12/10/2014, Vol. 27 Issue 48, p1
The article offers information on the pancake breakfast hosted by the Whitney Elementary School together with Santa Claus at the school cafeteria in Texas on December 13, 2014
- Chicago schools weigh outsourcing prepacks. // FoodService Director;02/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p1
Reports on the outsourcing of the breakfast program by the Chicago Public Schools, for its 192 prepackaged schools in the system. Comments from Sue Susanke, food service division of the school; Information on the contracts to be awarded to vendors; Key factors of the breakfast programs.
- School Breakfast Definitions. // School Governance & Leadership;Winter2013, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p5
The article discusses different types of alternative school breakfast including breakfasts served in elementary and middle school classrooms, grab'n'go breakfast served in middle and high schools along with second chance breakfast or breakfast after first period.
- Breakfast to... Grab and Go! // Learning Matters;10/30/2015, p12
An excerpt from the blog "Breakfast to... Grab and Go!" is presented, which discusses the successful breakfast venture at Westview Elementary School in Minnesota which has been highlighted at a National School Breakfast event at the Apple Valley school.