Low-carb has high impact
- Surviving and Thriving. Cook, Julie // Dairy Field;Aug2004, Vol. 187 Issue 8, p32
Focuses on the condition of the cheese industry in the U.S. Reliance of many dishes on cheese for their unique taste, texture and appearance; Effect of the trend towards low-carbohydrate diet on cheese; Benefit offered by pricing battles on branded cheeses to gain some ground against their store...
- It's OK to appease carb-conscious customers but don't go hog-wild crazy just to earn dough. // Nation's Restaurant News;4/19/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 16, p19
Shares perspective on the response of food industry to the fad over low-carbohydrate diet in the U.S. Efforts of chain operators to appease the health conscious customers; Attitude of costumers concerning low-carbohydrate diets; Pursuit of several restaurants to develop low-carbohydrate menu...
- Not Another Carb Scam! Heller, Samantha // Men's Fitness;Jan2004, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p46
Focuses on sugar alcohol, an alternative used by food manufacturers as a substitute for sugar in low-carbohydrate bars. Description of sugar alcohol; Difference between sugar alcohol and regular sugar; Forms of sugar alcohol.
- The New Food Pyramid? Garbato Stankevich, Debby // Retail Merchandiser;Mar2004, Vol. 44 Issue 3, p17
Analyzes the implications of the trend toward low carbohydrate foods in the retail trade sector of the U.S. as of March 2004. Issue of price; Efforts of retailers to showcase low carbohydrate products; Factors driving the trend. INSET: CARB COMPREHENSION.
- Drop the Weight, Not the Flavor. Newman, Bettina; Joachim, David // Prevention;Jun2002, Vol. 54 Issue 6, p147
Presents recipes for low-carbohydrate meals, including Spicy Vegetable Roll-Ups.
- LOW-CARB HITS BAVARIAN GROUP. // Australian Hotelier;Apr2009, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p6
The article reports on the introduction of low-carb preservative free beers, Leichte Weisse and FÃ¼rsten Gold Lager, by the Bavarian Bier CafÃ©s at each of their five venues in Sydney, New South Wales. The beers, made by Bavarian Bier producer Thurn & Taxis, aimed at beer fans who are...
- PASTA IMPERFECT. // Nutrition Action Health Letter;Mar2004, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p10
Presents information on the low-carbohydrate frozen entrÃ©es with pasta from Atkins. Price range of the meals; Kinds of pasta dishes available; Size of the serving tray.
- A Low-Carb Taste of Italy. // Frozen Food Age;May2004, Vol. 52 Issue 10, p12
Reports on a line of low carbohydrate frozen Italian food entrees introduced by Low Carb Creations under the Bella Carb label. Frozen food entrees included in the Bella Carb line; Other food products from Low Carb Creations; Response of consumers to the Bella Carb line of products.
- THE BIG TOSS. Cobe, Patricia // Restaurant Business;5/15/2004, Vol. 103 Issue 9, p56
In the past year, few categories have grown as fast and furiously as saladsâ€”especially on the entree side of the menu. Low-carbohydrate diets may be leading the boom, but consumers' overall attention to health is certainly a contributing factor, too. Salads have always been perceived as...