Ambassadors in Blue
- Olympic Trail Trials. Greely, Jim // Airman;Sep2000, Vol. 44 Issue 9, p30
Provides information on the World Class Athlete Program of the United States Air Force. Advantages of the program; How the Program helps airmen who dreams to represent the country in the 2000 Olympic Games in Sydney, New South Wales; Source of the program's funds.
- The Real McCoy. Greely, Jim // Airman;Sep2000, Vol. 44 Issue 9, p33
Features United States Air Force First Lieutenant Amy McCoy. Her dream to represent the United States in the rowing competitions for the 2000 Olympic Games in Sydney, New South Wales; Educational background.
- Leaping All Hurdles. Dendy IV, John B. // Airman;Sep2000, Vol. 44 Issue 9, p36
Features United States Air Force Senior Airman Calvin Bostic. Participation in the World Class Athlete program hurdles competition; His source of inspiration.
- Race walker, rugby player earn top Air Force sporting titles. // Airman;Mar2004, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p9
Highlights the U.S. Air Force's 2003 Athletes of the Year which was announced at the annual Athletic Business Conference held in December in Orlando, Florida. Top honors presented to Lieutenant Laura McDonald from Randolph Air Force Base, Texas and Captain Kevin Eastler from F.E. Warren Air...
- Olympic Dreams. // Airman;Jun2004, Vol. 48 Issue 6, p20
Focuses on the U.S. Air Force World Class Athlete Program for aspiring representatives to the 2004 Olympic Games in Athens, Greece. Challenges for Air Force members training for the Olympics.
- Air Force wins triathlon championship. // Airman;Aug2004, Vol. 48 Issue 8, p12
Reports on the victory of the U.S. Air Force in the 2004 Armed Forces Triathlon Championship held in May 2004 at Naval Base Ventura County, California. Staging of competitoin on Olympic-distance course; Scoring method; Event winners.
- Airman's World. // Airman;Feb2001, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p16
Presents news briefs on the United States Air Force and its airmen as of February 2001. Flight demonstration of Boeing's Joint Strike Fighter X-32A and Lockheed Martin's Joint Strike Fighter X-35A; Recognition given to the Air Force Test Pilot School-tested prototype anti-G uniform by the...
- Airman's Notebook. // Airman;Aug2003, Vol. 47 Issue 8, p48
Relates the experience of an airman during the Operation Iraqi Freedom in Bashur Airfield, Iraq. Excitement in performing his job; Availability of electricity, toilets and running water in the area; Interaction with the people in the area.
- We are a professional force preparing for combat. Lorber, John G. // Flying Safety;Aug95, Vol. 51 Issue 8, p2
Discusses the `dues' that members of the US Air Force are expected to `pay' to keep the title of a professional air crew member. Physical and mental preparation; Thorough preflight checks; Rapid and accurate reaction to problems encountered during takeoff; Sticking to the briefed air plan;...