- Reserve lieutenant colonel sets sights on bringing home the gold from 2008 Summer Olympic Games. // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Jun2008, Vol. 60 Issue 3, p30
The article focuses on the goal of individual mobilization augmentee Lieutenant Colonel Dominic Grazioli to win a gold medal in shooting at the 2008 Summer Olympic Games in Beijing, China. He sets sights on bringing the gold after placing second at the U.S. Olympic team trials in Kerville,...
- Ground Control! Dendy IV, John B. // Airman;Sep2000, Vol. 44 Issue 9, p37
Features United States Air Force Senior Airmen Jacob Hey and Aaron Sieracki. Their participation in Greco-Roman wrestling competitions; How they train.
- THEN & NOW. Kinkade, Mark // Airman;Jun2004, Vol. 48 Issue 6, p50
Focuses on the career of Alonzo Barbers, a 1984 Olympic gold medallist for track and field and a U.S. Air Force officer. Time spent on active duty after the 1984 Olympics; Barbers' rank after leaving active duty to join the Air Force Reserve.
- Olympic Trail Trials. Greely, Jim // Airman;Sep2000, Vol. 44 Issue 9, p30
Provides information on the World Class Athlete Program of the United States Air Force. Advantages of the program; How the Program helps airmen who dreams to represent the country in the 2000 Olympic Games in Sydney, New South Wales; Source of the program's funds.
- Air Force trap shooter wins again. // Airman;Aug98, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p12
Reports that Major Dominic Grazioli's gold medal-winning performance at a World Cup trap shooting event held in China. Award won by Grazioli in other events; Profile on Grazioli; Graziolis' chances for being included in the United States Olympic team.
- NO KID OLYMPIANS ALLOWED! // Scholastic Scope;5/15/2000, Vol. 48 Issue 18, p4
Presents the pros and cons of removing age restrictions and allowing child athletes to compete in the Olympic Games.
- Olympic Women. // Scholastic News -- Edition 3;03/20/2000, Vol. 56 Issue 20, p4
Presents information on several women athletes who competed in the Olympic games.
- Forgotten heroes. Leyshon, Glynn A. // Beaver;Jun/Jul96, Vol. 76 Issue 3, p21
Chronicles the achievements of Canadian athletes in Olympic competitions. George Orton's victory in the 2500 meter steeplechase in 1900; Cal Bricker's achievements in jumping events in 1908; Boxing gold medalist Albert Schneider.
- Faster higher stronger. Gutfeld, Greg // Men's Health;May96, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p86
Features training tips from United States Olympic team contenders. Lifting more weight; Losing weight fast; Eating to build strength; Balancing muscles. INSETS: The sand man cometh.;Mountain dues.;Catcher on the sly.;The Jell-O man.