Cycling: Get Ready
- The Coffee Klatch. Krauss, Stacey Lei // IDEA Fitness Journal;Apr2007, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p84
The author discusses an approach called The Coffee Klatch, to get her students absorbed in their one-hour cycling class. The concept is to get her students talk to each other during the 10-minute warm up and she uses celebrity gossips to start a conversation. According to the author, The Coffee...
- We're gonna make you sweat! Kita, Joe // Bicycling;Feb97, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p62
Features the Spin class at Crunch health club combining stationary cycling and aerobics, in New York city. Beginnings and conception of the class; Benefits from the indoor cycling programs; Reasons for the effectiveness of the training program.
- FOR THE LONG RUN. Goodyer, Paula // Australian House & Garden;Oct2009, p158
The article discusses how regular exercise helps in staying healthy. Undertaken regularly, exercises such as brisk walking, jogging, cycling and swimming boost stamina. One can check out the range of casual exercise or dance classes on offer at local gyms and community centres, a mix of...
- Switching Gears. Bluestein, Adam // Real Simple;May2001, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p79
Cycling is a low-impact aerobic activity, providing maximum cardiovascular benefits with minimal strain on bones and joints. And along with a healthy heart ï¿½ which you can't see ï¿½ biking will give you a great set of toned legs, which you can. No matter what your age or fitness level,...
- "If the NHS built cycle pathsâ€¦". Clarkson, Helen // Green Futures;Oct2008, Issue 70, p38
The article reports on building cycle paths. In a report by Cycling England, a regular cyclist should save Â£28.30 a year. The Leeds Initiative aims to introduce exercise and fitness programs for people on incapacity benefit, tackling health problems, and helps them back into long-term employment.
- YOUR BEST YEAR STARTS NOW. Madden, Stephen // Bicycling;May2006, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p18
This article presents the author's views on bicycle riding. It discusses the importance of training programs and the health benefits of cycling.
- PEDAL-PUSHING. Jones, Monica // Ebony;Apr2006, Vol. 61 Issue 6, p110
Discusses the benefits of bicycling. Value of cycling as an aerobic exercise; Benefits of bicycling for muscles; Effects of weight and energy.
- THE NEW RUSSIAN ROULETTE. // Health & Fitness Magazine;Oct2013, p104
The article presents step-by-step instructions for several physical exercises including Russian twist, elevated-feet Russian twist, and cycling Russian twist.
- Making New Year's Resolutions? Take Spinning for a Spin! Wolfe, Lisa M. // Diabetes Health;Jan2006, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p41
Provides information on spinning, an indoor cycling group exercise. Physical and cardiovascular benefits of spinning; Disadvantages of outdoor cycling; Description of the talk test.