- Buyer's market. Warner, Jane // Bay Area Reporter;12/8/2005, Vol. 35 Issue 49, p10
The article reports developments related to crime in California. Two officers riding in a squad car turned the corner at 15th and Dolores and observed two males violently kicking someone on the ground. A surveillance cameras caught a man in the act of "keying" the side of a BMW parked behind the...
- Chapter 2: Injury, Gender, and Trouble. // Girls in Trouble With the Law;2006, p57
Chapter 2 of the book "Girls in Trouble With the Law" is presented. It contends that in court the biographies of girls should play a significant role in determining their best interest, not as an excuse for physical assault, but as an aid to the court. It argues that sexual violence is...
- GIRLS BEHAVING BADLY. Beun-Chown, Julie // Good Health & Medicine;Aug2007, p78
This article discusses the global trend of teenage girls behaving badly and committing violence such as murder. It cites incidents in Australia, Canada and the U.S. in which teenage girls are the culprits. It explains that the mass media are a big influence to this changing stereotypes of girls....
- STUCK IN THE MIDDLE WITH YOU. Glasov, Janina; Ferneyhough, Liza // New Moon;Jan/Feb2004, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p22
Presents advice to girls on surviving middle school.
- Officer, greater supervision, bring reduction in fighting. Merkel, Jim // Granite City Press-Record;3/14/2012, Vol. 54 Issue 11, pA1
The article reports that fighting incidents at middle schools in Granite City, Illinois have decreased due to several measures implemented since 2010 including the visibility of police school resource officers in hallways, stricter supervision, and tougher penalties for violators.
- Guess the 1963 Tatum Jr. High Sixth Grader. // Trammel Trace Tribune (Tatum, TX);6/26/2008, Vol. 33 Issue 24, p2
A photograph of a 1963 Tatum Jr. High sixth grader is presented.
- Haskell students travel to Bob's. // Twin Cities News (Munday, TX);12/6/2007, Vol. 25 Issue 44, p2
A photograph of Haskell eighth grade students during their digital photography tour at Bob's is presented.
- Construction Zone: Picturesque Views. // American School & University Exclusive Insight;1/1/2012, p1
A photograph and description of the completed construction of the Palm Springs Unified School District's Painted Hills Middle School in Desert Hot Springs, California which has 800 students and 35 teachers are presented.
- WMS Sweetheart to be chosen. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);9/26/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 39, p8
A photograph of several nominees of the competition "2012 HomecomingSweetheart," from Whitney Middle School is presented which includes Savannah Ayers, Emily Johnson, and Savannah Seay.