SMALL FIRMS LOOK BEYOND THE SYNDICATE
- Banks in good position to capitalize on the current popularity of REITs. Shepsman, Steven H. // American Banker;8/24/1993, Vol. 158 Issue 162, p15
Opinion. Discusses the ways in which banks can capitalize on the rebirth of real estate investment trusts (REIT). Paradox on Wall Street; Motivated buyers; Financing of acquisitions; Offering credit lines; Continuity of management.
- Wall Street brings discipline, new risks to real estate market. Keegan, Jeffrey // Investment Dealers' Digest;03/01/99, Vol. 65 Issue 9, p17
Deals with real estate investment banking. Impact of the discipline of capital markets on the volatility of real estate business; Factors that helped real estate investment trust corporate debt; Emergence of market risk.
- Roundup: West Coast Investment Bank Starts Covering REITs. // National Mortgage News;12/16/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 13, p10
Reports on the initiation of analyst coverage on real estate investment trusts by investment banking firm Thomas Weisel Partners in San Francisco, California. Concentration of the company in the retail property sector; Expectations of operations per growth of the real estate industry;...
- Credibility of lenders key in securitizations. Talley, Karen // American Banker;9/16/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 178, p10
Examines the qualities looked for by investment bankers in mortgage banks and investments in real estate investment trusts (REITs) in the United States. Importance of mortgage banks' integrity and direct stake in the way the loans perform; Use of REITs to counter volatility and high price...
- REIT earnings rose in first quarter. // Fairfield County Business Journal;6/17/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 24, p20
Focuses on the financial performance of various real estate investment trusts firms for the first quarter in the year 2002. Basis for determining the net income per share; Recovery of the firms from economic downturn; Level of competitive advantage.
- Cool off with commercial. Walkley, Pam // Money (14446219);Nov2005, Issue 10, p24
The article focuses on the advantage of investing in commercial properties based on a study conducted in Australia. Direct property's low volatility makes it a valuable asset class for it reduces the chance of making a timing error when entering or exiting the market. Majority of direct...
- Sunset's Net Slides On Problem Loan. // National Mortgage News;12/5/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 10, p22
The article informs that Sunset Financial Resources Inc., mortgage investor and real estate investment trust, saw a net loss of $1.4 million in the third quarter of 2005, compared to net income of $1.4 million during the same period in 2004. The loss was attributed primarily to a $1.2 million...
- Dynex's Loss Rises as Volatility Hits Mortgage Performance. // National Mortgage News;12/5/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 10, p22
The article presents information on a net loss of $1.9 million for the third quarter of 2005 suffered by mortgage investor and real estate investment trust (REIT) Dynex Capital Inc. Dynex chairman Thomas B. Akin commented that the results reflect their cautious investment philosophy. He further...
- Reits get an early start. Davis, Matt // Money Marketing;12/8/2005, p3
The article reports that real estate investment trusts (Reits) are to be introduced early in 2006 following British Chancellor Gordon Brown's decision to introduce them in his pre-budget report. Earlier the financial industry speculations had suggested that the Chancellor might delay Reits...