Say Goodbye to the Syndicate
- Market Madness. Mathisson, Dan // Traders Magazine;Jun2010, Vol. 23 Issue 310, p38
The article stresses the importance of circuit breakers or limit-down mechanisms to minimize damage and freefall in stock exchanges. It suggests to eliminate the market order and make retail investors think about the lowest price where they would be willing to sell. It emphasizes that the people...
- Iceland Express's's new owners cut flights to Stansted. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;1/28/2005, Issue 2650, p17
Reports on the amount of shares bought by private investors in Iceland Express in Great Britain.
- The Trading Volume Impact of Local Bias: Evidence from a Natural Experiment*. Jacobs, Heiko; Weber, Martin // Review of Finance;Oct2012, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p867
Exploiting regional holidays in Germany as a source of exogenous cross-sectional variation in investor attention, we provide evidence that the well-known local bias at the individual level materially affects stock turnover at the firm level. Stocks of firms located in holiday regions are...
- Funding for SMEs The BES is Still Open for Business. Kelly, Darragh // Accountancy Ireland;Apr2010, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p46
The article provides information on the Business Expansion Scheme (BES), an incentive introduced in Ireland for encouraging private investment through long-term equity capital in companies. It notes that qualified recipients of this incentive are companies which are engaged in a qualifying trade...
- Pibs-holders face losses under Co-op's proposed rescue plan. Holt, Natalie // Money Marketing;6/6/2013, p8
The article reports that holders of permanent interest-bearing (Pib) shares, including pensioners and retail investors, are facing losses under the proposed rescue plans of The Co-operative Bank to plug a capital shortfall of up to 1.8 billion British pounds.
- National ink. // Business News New Jersey;01/05/98, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p2A
Focuses on the publication of the Individual Investor magazine's annual ` Magic,' which lists the best stocks to purchase in 1998. Indepth look at the three New Jersey companies which are on the list; Background information on the companies.
- The nanny state. Beer, David // Director;Nov2004, Vol. 58 Issue 4, p27
Examines the over-regulation of private investments in Great Britain and its impact on British business. Problem associated with over-regulation; Action that must be taken by the government to encourage the free flow of capital between unquoted companies and private investors; Initiative of the...
- CMC Capital to invest â‚¬100m in German commercial property. // Accountancy Ireland;Aug2007, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p102
The article reports on the announcement of CMC Capital, a Cork-based wealth management and property investment division of Crowley & McCarthy Chartered Accountants, regarding their plan of raising money for their new German commercial property syndicate. CMC plans of raising 20 million euros in...
- Retail investors need better understanding of direct equities - Instreet. Tsanadis, Andrew // Money Management;2/16/2012, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p5
The article focuses on the statement of George Lucas, managing director of Instreet Investment Ltd., that retail investors and financial advisers must understand the risks in direct equity portfolio.