- Worldwide convertibles (public + 144A). // Investment Dealers' Digest;07/07/97, Vol. 63 Issue 27, p32
Presents a chart showing the performance of international convertible bonds as of July 7, 1997. Includes Merrill Lynch and Co. Inc.; Goldman Sachs and Co.; JP Morgan.
- Is convertible market hot enough to tango? Wirth, Gregg // Investment Dealers' Digest;09/15/97, Vol. 63 Issue 37, p6
Reports on the possibility that a convertible bond that combines a coupon reset feature with premium reset feature would be launched in the United States. Benefits of the tango bond for issuers and investors; Features of the convertible bond.
- Converts break issuance record for September. Wirth, Gregg // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/20/97, Vol. 63 Issue 42, p17
Reports that the convertible bonds issuance increased in September 1997 in the United States, according to the figures released by the Salomon Brothers. Estimated amount of convertible deals; Comparison between the amount of convertible issuance in 1996 and 1997.
- Mutual fund update. // Black Enterprise;Jun92, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p80
Discusses investor interest in convertible bonds. The unique feature of being exchangable for a set number of common stock; What investors like about convertibles; Top performers between 12/31/88 and 12/31/91; More.
- The preferred way to go. Stovall, Robert H. // FW;9/1/93, Vol. 162 Issue 17, p87
Presents financial planning advice on convertible preferred stocks for yield and equity participation. Corporate securities as exchangeable for common shares; Greater appreciation potential; Marketability; Conversion price; Interest rates and fortunes of common shares; Precious metals;...
- A hard look at soft-tops. Osterland, Andrew // FW;9/27/94, Vol. 163 Issue 20, p66
Reports on convertible bonds as a relatively safe investment in the United States. Number of convertible securities funds tracked by Morningstar that lost value; 1992 and 1993 returns of the convertibles; WHX as one of Platek's favorite convertibles.
- Funds for the fainthearted. Williams, Gordon // FW;6/6/95, Vol. 164 Issue 13, p72
Presents information on convertible bonds in the United States. Consequences of investing in converts; Measurement of the value of a convert; Ratings of several convertible bonds as of March 31, 1995.
- Accounting for convertible bonds. Stevens, William T.; Volkan, Ara G. // Journal of Applied Business Research;Fall94, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p130
Examines professional standards of accounting for convertible bonds (CBs). Why accounting rules for analyzing CBs are flawed; controversy over the nature of CBs; Whether CBs are debts, equities or hybrid securities; Reasons for the existence of different views of CBs.
- Convertibles now worth a new look. Star, Marlene Givant // Pensions & Investments;8/22/1994, Vol. 22 Issue 17, p9
Reports on the good investment opportunities in the convertibles market. Effects of rising interest on the convertibles market; Issues recommended by the Forum Capital Markets; Advantages of convertibles.