- Global digest: Investments. Bayer, Alex // Treasury & Risk Management;May/Jun97, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p19
Focuses on an Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development report which pegged China as one of the world's largest sources of capital. Investment figures in China; Outward investment and contraction of funds outflow.
- Issuers gaining renewed clout in leveraged market. Garrity, Brian // Investment Dealers' Digest;03/01/99, Vol. 65 Issue 9, p13
Deals with the highly selective leveraged loan market in the United States. Reinvestment risk for the institutional investor; Debate over pricing grids in institutional term loans.
- Public Venture Markets in Canada. Cowan, Kevan // Canadian Investment Review;Spring2002, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p47
Reports on public venture markets (PVM) in Canada as of April 3, 2002. Benefits associated with the proliferation of PVM; Measures of success for the Canadian Venture Exchange PVM; Obstacles to increased participation in venture investing.
- CAPITAL RATIONING AND MARKET DISCOUNT RATES: SOME COMMON FALLACIES. Finn, Frank J. // Australian Journal of Management (University of New South Wales);Oct76, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p37
Abstract: Arguments proposing the use of market discount rates for optimal investment criteria under conditions of "capital rationing" are examined. Several recent analyses assume one side of the capital market, either firms or individual investors, is subject to capital rationing while the...
- What's new in the hotel capital markets? Lattin, Thomas W. // Westchester County Business Journal;10/27/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 43, pM5
Reports on developments in the hotel capital markets in the United States as of October 2003. Decrease in the gap between buyer and seller valuation in the hotel sector; Factors attributed to the lack of full-service hotel activity in 2003; Observation that there are equity available for hotel...
- Dividends and investment: Further empirical evidence. Louton, David A.; Domian, Dale L. // Quarterly Journal of Business & Economics;Spring95, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p53
Examines the relationship between corporate dividend and investment policies. Modigliani-Miller perfect capital market assumptions; Basis of independence claims on Granger causality tests with 20 year time series; Evidence of Granger causality in direction from dividends to investment.
- Emerging worries? // Pensions & Investments;9/5/1994, Vol. 22 Issue 18, p12
Opinion. Addresses concerns faced by investors in relation to the economic and political changes taking place in Mexico, Brazil and Argentina. Removal of emerging markets as an overreaction; Access to capital markets; Elections in emerging countries.
- Die AktionÃ¤rsstruktur beachten. // Die Bank;nov2011, Issue 11, p6
The article discusses skills necessary for Fund Managers to approach the capital market.
- Funds tread cautious path. Hemmerick, Steve // Pensions & Investments;4/4/1994, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p30
Focuses on the risky nature of some markets preferred by global custodians and avoided by some pension funds in the United States. Riskiness of emerging markets; Wilshire Associates' list of off-limit countries due to their lack of technology; Comments from industry experts; Emerging markets'...