Working On The Inside
- Shopoff Properties Trust Closes Escrow on REIT Offering. Comtois, James // National Mortgage News;9/29/2008, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p8
The article reports on the move of Shopoff Properties Trust, a national real estate venture capital and investment firm, to close escrow on its public offering of a real estate investment trust (REIT) in the U.S. Shopoff is open to qualified investors seeking to acquire undeveloped real estate...
- Venture Investments May Be Slowing. // SCOR Report;Oct2000, Vol. 7 Issue 12, p1
Reports on the status of the United States capital markets during the third quarter of the year 2000. Number of issues made by investment bankers; Level of deal flow and capital raised; Impact of the April 2000 sell off of technology stocks on venture funds; Results of initial public offerings...
- Venture Wars: Hard Times for Yesterday's Heroes. // SCOR Report;Apr2002, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p1
Examines the challenges faced by venture capital firms as of April 2002. Decline in merger and acquisition activities; Slowdown of the initial public offering market; Reasons for the discontent of limited partners with venture capitals.
- Rough road for venture-backed IPOs. Jacobius, Arleen // Pensions & Investments;3/8/2010, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p3
The article focuses on the difficulties faced by venture-backed Initial Public Offerings (IPO). Due to the recession affected market venture capital firms are reportedly facing a roadblock in trying to cash out their investments in portfolio companies, to the extent that, longer a firm holds an...
- DYNAMISME DU CAPITAL-RISQUE AMERICAIN : L'IPO N'EST PLUS LA VOIE DE SORTIE PREFEREE. Lounes, Malika // VSE - Vie & Sciences Economiques / La revue de l'Economie et de ;Dec2010, Issue 185/186, p105
The aim of this paper is to test the existence of dependence relationship between the dynamics of venture capital and its main exit options: initial public offering (IPO) and merger and acquisition (M&A). I use quarterly data for the USA from the Thomson One Banker Private Equity database for...
- Investment central. // Smart Business Houston;Feb2013, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p8
The article presents information on the 2012 global Initial Public Offerings (IPOs) and venture capital investments. The weak economy led to poor performances, it says, but there has been 29 IPOs in the 4th quarter of 2012 raising 7.3 billion U.S. dollars (USD), 59 IPOs in the Asian marked that...
- Scraping the Bottom of the IPO Barrel. Lashinsky, Adam // Fortune;10/11/1999, Vol. 140 Issue 7, p352
Takes a look at initial public offerings (IPO) of technology companies. The risky nature of IPOs equated with venture capitalists (VC); Older, unproven companies as risky as startup companies; Advised caution when an ailing company's VC supports a company to keep up interest; Other trends to be...
- Role of Venture Capitalists in IPO Corporate Governance and Operating Performance. Bouresli, Amani Khaled; Davidson III, Wallace N.; Abdulsalam, Fayez A. // Quarterly Journal of Business & Economics;Summer/Autumn2002, Vol. 41 Issue 3/4, p71
Discusses the role of venture capitalists in initial public offering (IPO) corporate governance and operating performance. Role of venture capital; Ownership structure of IPO firms; Impact of the involvement of venture capitalists on an IPO company board structure both before and after the IPO.
- Big returns for VC firm founded by Starbucks CEO. Primack, Dan // Fortune.com;10/9/2013, p1
The article focuses on the venture capital fund Maveron founded by Howard Schultz, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of coffeeshop chain Starbucks, noting its profits due to its large investments in the former new business enterprises Potbelly and Zulily which have gone or will go public in 2013.