A game of chance
- Philippines expect furniture export growth. // Furniture/Today;02/12/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 23, p26
Reports on the optimism by furniture makers in the Philippines that exports will grow. Other sectors expected to register increased exports; Efforts by the government to enhance exports; Total furniture exports in 1998; Constraints faced by the home furnishing cluster.
- Emerald offers mixed containers. // Furniture/Today;7/31/2006, Vol. 30 Issue 46, p47
The article reports that the Tacoma, Washington-based Emerald Home Furnishings will start offering dining room furniture, home entertainment and bedroom furniture from several factories in Malaysia in September 2006. Emerald will offer 30-day delivery to the West Coast to allow customers to take...
- Get over it! There's no whining in furniture. Allegrezza, Ray // Furniture/Today;1/27/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 21, p40
Comments on the challenges faced by the furniture industry in the U.S. Complaint over the influx of imports; Emphasis on expansion to beat competitors; Success of Magnussen.
- BROADENING HORIZONS. // Cabinet Maker;10/16/2015, Issue 5953, p16
The article explores the potential market of Belgian furniture maker Recor Home in Great Britain. It highlights the role of the Belgian Furniture Export Association (BelgoFurn) in promoting Belgian cabinets and furniture exports in the global market. The potential of the Decor furniture...
- Imports/Exports. // Furniture/Today;4/2/2011, Vol. 35 Issue 30, p172
Several charts are presented related to the export and import trade of furniture industry in the U.S. including the leading sources of imported household furniture and principal products in 2010, the top 10 largest source countries of furniture imports in 2010, and the top 10 largest buyers of...
- Levitz plans direct imports from Asia. Schachter, Ken // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);10/29/2004, Vol. 51 Issue 47, p1A
Reports on U.S. furniture retailer Levitz Home Furnishings Inc.'s plans to buy direct from overseas. Reasons for the decision; Growth in U.S. furniture imports from 2001.
- U.S. household furniture imports by product category, major source countries, 2012. // Furniture/Today;4/20/2013, Vol. 37 Issue 34, p174
Several tables are presented which list major source countries which imported the U.S. household furniture in 2012 including Mexico, China, Malaysia.
- China imports up 40% in 1st half. Carroll, Brian // Furniture/Today;10/30/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p4
Reports on the rise in furniture imports in China during the first half of 2000. Percentage rise in Chinese furniture imports during the given time period; Factors attributing to such importation trend within the industry; Success of China in solidifying its status as the United States'...
- Chilean furniture makers eye U.S. market. Koenig, Karen // Wood & Wood Products;Feb94, Vol. 99 Issue 2, p10
Reports that the Chilean wooden furniture industry has targeted its marketing efforts in the United States which is considered the primary export market for wooden furniture. Third annual Salon del Mueble Furniture fair; Chief product type; Export sales since 1985; Impact of the North American...