M&S food boss to take on home department
- What next for M&S as McWalter leaves? Palmer, Camilla // Campaign (UK);7/19/2002, Issue 28, p17
Reports the effects of the departure of group marketing director Alan McWalter on retailer Marks & Spencer in Great Britain. Consequences of the restructuring of the company for McWalter; Indications of the corporate reorganization on its marketing and advertising; Continuance of in-store and...
- Division split offs lift market hopes. Friars, Austin // Cabinet Maker;3/31/2006, Issue 5481, p6
The article reports on the profitability of home furnishing retail stores in Great Britain compiled as of March 2006, citing the financial benefits of the division of Experian credit checking from the Argos/Homebase retail group. Marks & Spencer's gain easily lifted shares above popular price...
- Furniture heads M&S fourth quarter success. // Cabinet Maker;7/14/2006, Issue 5496, p6
The article focuses on the increased fourth quarter sales of Marks & Spencer Group PLC's furniture and home. Home sales outshined food and general merchandise. Stuart Rose, chief executive said that the results were motivating. He said that they are confident to run the business profitably...
- Chiat's N.Y. office may be headed for reorganization. Wells, Melanie; Wentz, Laurel; Sloan, Pat // Advertising Age;4/12/1993, Vol. 64 Issue 15, p2
This article reports on the impending reorganization of the New York office of advertising agency Chiat/Day as of April 1993. Chiat/Day executives are discussing a reorganization that could ultimately result in the reassignment of president-CEO Doug Watson. Although the time frame is unclear,...
- Exec Shuffle at Liz Claiborne. DeCarlo, Lauren // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;5/10/2005, Vol. 189 Issue 99, p8
Reports that Liz Claiborne Inc. has realigned several senior executive positions to leverage its sourcing operations and support its growth. Promotion of Bob Zane to vice president; Scope of the responsibility of John Sullivan, chief information officer; Promotion of Gary Ross to corporate vice...
- M&S: No Home roll-out. Stanton, Justin // Housewares;Nov/Dec97, Issue 137, p6
States that Marks and Spencers (M&S) ruled out the possibility of a national roll-out of M&S Home, its homewares concept. Comment of M&S chairman on the Home store in York, England; Lessons learned by the company; Sales of the company; Financial status of the company.
- M&S shakes up its marketing structure. McCawley, Ian // Marketing Week;9/22/2005, Vol. 28 Issue 38, p11
Focuses on the decision of Marks & Spencer Group PLC to overhaul its marketing structure in Great Britain. Roles and responsibilities of its employees; Details of the personnel changes in the company.
- M&S adds changes in its retail structure. Fallon, James // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;12/22/1999, Vol. 178 Issue 120, p15
Reports on the reorganization of London, England-based Marks & Spencer PLC. Creation of several business units; Promotion of current executive director Barry Morris as head of the women's apparel business; Rumors on possible takeover of the company.
- Will M&S miss board-level marketing? // Marketing (00253650);7/18/2002, p4
Focuses on the restructuring at Marks & Spencer in Great Britain. Emphasis of the restructuring initiative; Reason behind the resignation of Alan McWalter as group marketing director in the company; Factors mediating the company to change focus from marketing to product development.