Politics Still Popular on New York Times Paperback Non-Fiction List
- YEAR IN REVIEW 2001. Linn, Laura // Scholastic News -- Senior Edition;01/07/2002, Vol. 70 Issue 14, p4
Reports on the important political and social events which happened in 2001.
- Letters from Readers. // Commentary;Oct2002, Vol. 114 Issue 3, p3
Comments on articles related to politics and social issues published in the October 2002 issue of 'Commentary.'
- New road, same old path? Clarke, Kevin // U.S. Catholic;Nov2002, Vol. 67 Issue 11, p40
Discusses how the establishment of a two-lane highway posed a sign of hope for the various political and social issues challenging Guatemala. Poverty; Land settlement; Increasing crime rate.
- SOCIAL HISTORY IN EUROPE. Kaelble, Hartmut // Journal of Social History;Fall2003, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p29
Focuses on the changes of themes of social history in Europe. Interests of the general public on social history; Predomination of major themes in social history; Details on the social effects of major political events.
- Trans-Tasman Labour History: Intriduction Ray Markey and kerry Taylor. Markey, Ray; Taylor, Kerry // Labour History;Nov2008, Issue 95, p1
The article discusses various political topics including one by Erik Olssen and Bruce Scates on the traditional interpretations of the relationship between class and politics in New Zealand, and another one by Raelen Frances and Melanie Nolan about the political and social history of...
- LETTERS. // History Today;Aug78, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p556
Comments on several articles on social and political issues published in the 'History Today.'
- INTERNATIONAL NEWS. // New York Amsterdam News;8/22/2002, Vol. 93 Issue 34, p2
Reports developments related to global politics and social issues as of August 2002. Increase in the number of population in South Africa; Extension of the house arrest of opposition leader Hasan Abdullah al-Turabi in Sudan; Loss of clemency appeal of a woman found to have committed adultery in...
- Return to Prague. Rybacek, Irina // Progressive;Apr90, Vol. 54 Issue 4, p46
Comments on key issues relating to politics and social conditions in Prague, Czech Republic. Prevalence of student demonstrations; Activities of noncommunist political groups and activists; Views about politics.
- The Politics of Fall Lists. // Book Publishing Report;Oct2008, Vol. 33 Issue 10, p12
The article presents a review of the political book market in the U.S. The poll conducted in 2007 showed 22% of liberals and moderates had not read a book in the previous year compared to 34% of conservatives. A monthly study on independent bookstores, specifically political books area, showed...