People In The News
- International front. Lottman, H.R. // Publishers Weekly;9/1/89, Vol. 236 Issue 9, p65
Announces the new president and publisher of France's Editions de Seuill, Claude Cherki, a Sephardic Jew. Background; Career; His plans for the publishing house.
- Free Career Advice. // Redbook;Jan2009, Vol. 212 Issue 1, p92
The article presents an answer to a question on how to leave the current employer on the best possible terms when getting a new job.
- TIME TO RESIGN? DO IT SLOW AND EASY. // Management Review;Sep85, Vol. 74 Issue 9, p7
Provides tips for employees on when to resign from their jobs. Merger of companies; Cost-cutting strategies of companies; Less challenge in work or personal growth.
- Kissing your employer goodbye. Clarke, Robyn D. // Black Enterprise;Oct2000, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p64
Cites ways on how to execute a professional resignation or exit from employers. Behaviors that must be avoided when preparing to resign; Suggested mental attitude to protect a professional reputation; Significance of an exit interview.
- From the Periodicals Director. Voress, Judith K. // Communication Disorders Quarterly;Summer2001, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p170
The article pays tribute to Dr. Alejandro Brice, journal editor, for his outstanding contribution in the transfer of Communication Disorders Quarterly (CDQ) entitled "Journal of Children's Communication Development," to Pro-ED from the Division for Children's Communication Development. He is...
- Publishers see revisions as exex move on and up. Bing, Jonathan // Daily Variety;12/6/2002, Vol. 277 Issue 44, p4
Reports career developments of publishing industry executives in New York City. Appointment of Sean McDonald as senior editor of Riverhead Books; Responsibilities of McDonald on running Riverhead Books; Decision of director Joe Veltre to join literature agency Carlisle & Co.
- Editor's Column: Farewell. Alonso, Carlos J. // PMLA: Publications of the Modern Language Association of America;Oct2003, Vol. 118 Issue 5, p1233
Comments on resignation from the editorial board of the Modern Language Association of America. Appreciation of the continued support of the executive director; Maintenance of the level of commitment at the organization; Trend for change in the profession.
- Untitled. // Furniture/Today;3/18/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 28, p4
Reports career developments in the U.S. as of March 2002. Retirement of Don Mitchell, president of La-Z-Boy's Case Goods Group; Appointment of Mark Wagner to the position of director of retail marketing for La-Z-Boy; Selection of Montgomery Ward to the position of president and chief executive...
- people. // Printing World;8/7/2003, Vol. 283 Issue 6, p47
Presents career developments of various executives in Great Britain. Appointment of Patrick Martell, executive director of Saint Ives PLC; Selection of Dave Wigfield, managing director of Creo Europe company; Resignation of Colin Houghton from Trinity Mirror Group company.