Welcome to dreamland
- Someone Start Boardroom TV. Gibbons, Kent // Multichannel News;5/12/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 19, p44
The article focuses on the dispute among U.S. cable operators and programmers over increased cable rates. Cable operators blamed programmers for price hikes that maintain 30-40% cash-flow margins and ignoring little expense lines like debt service and plant upgrade costs. Sports cable network...
- All-Star Springboard for TNT. Kramer, Staci D. // Cable World (10427228);2/17/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p8
Reports the impact of a contract acquired by TNT to air the NBA All-Star Game on cable television. Advantage of the contract to both parties; Season average achieved by the network compared to the average it achieved in 2002; Rating achieved by ESPN after airing a number of NBA games.
- Program Deals:. // CableFAX Daily;5/26/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 103, p2
Presents updates on cable television programming deals in the U.S. Contract of the Big 10 with ESPN to set up a sports network with DirecTV; Agreement of World Championship Sports Network for the coverage of the 2006 FISA Rowing World Cup.
- Mets Net Grabs Jets. // CableFAX Daily;11/3/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 214, p2
The article reports on the three-year contract signed by cable television network SportsNet NY with the football team NY Jets for more than 230 hours of Jets-related content per year. The deal will include live post-game coverage, weekly press conferences, pre-season game replays and a weekly...
- CSTV's Starters: DirecTV, No MSOs. Applebaum, Simon // Multichannel News;4/7/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 14, p34
College Sports Television (CSTV) is expected to enter into an agreement with DirecTV Inc. as its only multichannel distributor on April 07, 2003. Subscribers to the direct-broadcast satellite provider's "Sports Pack" will receive CSTV when it officially starts off around 11: 30 p.m. ET, after...
- Court TV. Sparrow, David // Tennis;Sep2002, Vol. 38 Issue 7, p10
Reports on the launching of the Tennis Channel cable network.
- VALUE OF THE GAME. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;11/4/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 44, p1B
Examines the relationship between sporting events and the cable industry and the high level of influence each has on the other. Domination of cable or broadcast networks in telecast rights of major U.S. sports; Consistent viewership ratings enjoyed by sporting events; High costs of acquisition...
- TNT: Pay New, 'Fair' Rates Or Lose Some Programming. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;2/18/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p1
Reports the increasing rate of the cable television program of Turner Network Television in the U.S. Coverage of national games and car racing; Increase of ratings and adult demographics; Revelation of the rate card to cable operators.
- All Sports Network fate rides on adequate subs. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;4/12/2002, Vol. 275 Issue 31, p5
Reports on the possibility of All Sports Network not to materialize in 2002 if it fails to reach 25 million subscribers on Day One according to National Basketball Association commissioner David Stern. Joint owners of the proposed cable channel; Proposition made by AOL Time Warner; Optimism of...