N.Y. Lawmakers at Loggerheads Over Bill's Javits, Jets Connection
- Report card gives lawmakers Bs and Cs. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;10/18/2004, Vol. 43 Issue 42, p14
Reports on the Business Council of New York State's release of a report card on the performance of lawmakers in Westchester County. Legislative bills that the business council considered in determining the lawmakers' report-card grades; Grades received by legislators Richard Brodsky and Nicholas...
- Serious Concerns Linger on Gaming Bill as Md. House Debate Looms. Monroe, Steve // Washington Informer;4/5/2012, Vol. 47 Issue 25, p12
The article discusses issues related to a bill concerned with the approval of the sixth gaming resort at the National Harbor in Prince George's County, Maryland that was debated in a meeting held at Oxon Hill Library in Prince George's County.
- Bill would give med center $1GOM through '08. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;4/10/2006, Vol. 45 Issue 15, p2
The article reports on the bailout bill that would give Westchester Medical Center 160 million U.S. dollars through 2008 in New York. The regional hospital would receive 25 million U.S. dollars in additional Medicaid reimbursement payments by reclassifying the medical center as an urban...
- N.Y. Lawmakers Blast Governor's Just-Passed Authority Reform Bill. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;5/25/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32637, p6
The article focuses on the bill filed by Governor Eliot Spitzer of New York and the Legislative bill sponsored by Assemblyman Richard Brodsky of Westchester and Senator John Flanagan of Northport. The bills, although both focused on public authority reform, are considered different in the way...
- Tax Credits, Gray Markets and More. Mulroy, Gene J. // Business News New Jersey;04/04/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 14, p14
Reports on the legislative bills being considered by the New Jersey Legislature. Review of the details of Governor Whitman's proposed budget; Plan to take up landmark school construction legislation; Introduction of a bill cracking down on the sport known as extreme wrestling.
- Chamber weathers a good legislative year. // South Carolina Business Journal;Jul99, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p2
Provides an assessment of the 1999 legislative session of the South Carolina General Assembly. Good year for business, industry and education; Bills passed; Monitoring of `Worth Watching List'; Less traditional issues.
- Legislation helps rural counties and specific industry sectors. Wolfe, George; Lehe, John Von // South Carolina Business Journal;Jul99, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p11
Reports on the accomplishments of the South Carolina Assembly under the guidance of a new governor and a new administration. Technology legislation; Income apportionment Agreements; Fee-in-Lieu of Taxes; Income Tax Moratorium; Jobs Income Tax Credits; Utility Infrastructure Credits; Tire...
- Work of Texas Senate on right track. Ratliff, Bill // Fort Worth Business Press;03/30/2001, Vol. 13 Issue 49
Commends the work of the Senate in Texas. Support for the state health insurance plan for teachers; Plan for prison guards and social workers; Proposal on toll roads and funding methods.
- Feelings and moods driving legislation. Marcus, Morton // Indianapolis Business Journal;3/11/96, Vol. 16 Issue 52, p7
Opinion. Presents a discussion on the legislation proposed and passed at the Indiana legislature. Features of the auto excise tax reduction passed at the legislature; Increase in the property tax credits; Other issues that the legislature should address.