- Arkansas Governor Calls Special Session Today on Schools. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/3/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32352, p34
The article reports that Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee has called a special session on school finance. The Arkansas General Assembly will address issues on school finance reforms, as well as a proposal to ban smoking in most enclosed public spaces. Huckabee has given lawmakers a March 30, 2006...
- Legality of Arkansas Governor's Plan To Spend Tobacco Money Questioned. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/14/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31325, p31
Focuses on questions raised on the legality of proposal offered by Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee to use the state's share of the national tobacco settlement. Issuance of debt by Arkansas Development Finance Authority; Tobacco bonds issued by the state.
- Consultants: Arkansas Needs $847M More Per Year for Education. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/4/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31712, p36
Focuses on expenditure on education by the government of Arkansas. Plans of Mike Huckabee, Governor of the state on improving the funding of public education; Overview of a study by consultants on the additional revenue needed by the state for providing adequate education to all students;...
- Arkansas Governor Reveals New School Funding Plan. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/14/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31739, p36
Reports on the proposal of an education finance plan by Governor Mike Huckabee in Arkansas. Amount proposed by Huckabee for public education per year; Disadvantages of the plan; Budget of the state for public education.
- SOUTHWEST Bond-Watch. Williamson, Richard; Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/24/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31663, p27
The article reports on developments related to bond markets in Southwestern states in the United States as of June 24, 2003. Governor of Arkansas Mike Huckabee set aside $22.5 million of federal funds for school districts that consolidate to combine larger districts. Oklahoma County in Oklahoma...
- The Arkansas Sidestep. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;04/27/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30879, p1
Focuses on Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee's spending plan for the state's tobacco lawsuit settlement. Changes made in the proposal to make it more like an initiated act than a bill; Call for bond-funded construction of several health research centers at two state universities.
- November Looking Up. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/12/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32526, p31
The article reports on the financial performance of Arkansas's revenue for November 2006. According to Department of Finance and Administration, the state continues to exceed revenue forecasts, with general fund revenue collections in November coming in $21.6 million higher than in the same...
- Colorado, Arkansas Governors Push Transportation Debt. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/18/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32051, p5
Reports on the state of the state address of Governors Mike Huckabee and Bill Owens requesting for massive debt issuance to fund transportation needs in the U.S. Request of the General Assembly to consider approving revenue bonds issuance for non-Interstate road improvements; Continuation of...
- Arkansas governor Sets Special Session on School Finance. // Bond Buyer;8/22/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31704, p32
Reports on the plan of Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee to call General Assembly into a special session on December 8, 2003 to tackle the issue of school finance. Deadline set by state Supreme Court for the formulation of school finance formula that maintains equity in funding school programs...