Alaska Legislature Begins Special Session to Address Budget, GOs
- Tap That Fund. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;5/7/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31879, p37
Reports that Alaska governor Frank Murkowski will ask voters to allow the Alaska Permanent Fund to be used to help the state's budget deficits. Effect of high oil prices on the state's revenue.
- FAR WEST Bond-Watch. Saskal, Rich; Murphy, Gavin // Bond Buyer;5/28/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31894, p57
Presents news concerning the public finance sector in the United States as of May 28, 2004. Alaska Governor Frank Murkowski's call for a special legislative session in June; Ratings of the government bonds of San Francisco, California; Reviews delivered by California's Legislative Analyst's...
- EDITOR'S NOTEBOOK. Share, Jeff // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Nov2006, Vol. 233 Issue 11, p6
The article links the defeat of governor Frank Murkowski in the primary elections on August 22, 2006 to the possible construction of a natural gas pipeline in Alaska. The author looks at different angles which might have contribute to the defeat of Murkowski from the gubernatorial position. He...
- Before the Committee. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;3/19/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31845, p29
Reports that Alaska Governor Frank Murkowski testified before a state Senate committee, imploring its members to seek a solution to the budget deficit of the state.
- Alaska Lawmakers Dodge Fiscal Reform, Adjourn Special Session. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;6/28/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31914, p33
Reports that Alaska Legislature has adjourned a three-day special session without giving Governor Frank Murkowski the fiscal reform package he wanted. Reasons behind the lawmakers' decision; Structural budget deficit of the state.
- EDITOR'S NOTEBOOK. Lonestar, Jeff // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Aug2006, Vol. 233 Issue 8, p6
The author reflects on the issues discussed by the Alaska legislature during its reconvention on July 12, 2006. The legislature has conducted a second special session to debate on the effort of Governor Frank Murkowski to win support for the proposed pipeline contract. The discussion focuses on...
- Call of the Wild. Gurwitt, Rob // Governing;Feb2003, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p116
Profiles politician Frank Murkowski of Alaska. Reasons for his decision to leave the U.S. Senate and run for governor; His projections on the economic condition of the state; His political career plans and priorities as a public servant.
- Alaskan Projects Loom Large. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;5/29/2006, Vol. 256 Issue 21, p14
The article reports that it is boom time in Alaska for construction. Legislators pushed through a funding bill this month that will cover $2.5 billion in capital projects. Awaiting final approval by Governor Frank Murkowsk, expected before the start of the fiscal year in July, the bill will fund...
- Gas Pipe Start-Up. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;4/16/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31864, p31
Reports that Alaskan Governor Frank Murkowski has signed a bill appropriating funds for efforts to bring North Slope natural gas to market.