Treasury 2-Years To Pay Down $1.469B
- THE PUBLIC DEBT AND THE UNITED STATES. // Congressional Digest;Jan1940, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p8
The article focuses on the public debt of the U.S. as of January 1940. The U.S. Congress has not, in any specific act, fixed a debt limit as such, but in enacting legislation authorizing the issue of bonds or securities for various purposes, it has in each instance fixed the amount of money to...
- What Financing Data Reveal about Dealer Leverage. Adrian, Tobias; Fleming, Michael J. // Current Issues in Economics & Finance;Mar2005, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p1
Examines the role of primary dealer financing data in dealer leverage in the securities industry in the U.S. Process of collecting financing activities of primary government securities; Effect of financing data on dealer leverage; Reasons of dealers for engaging in financing activities. INSET:...
- Build America Bonds: Seeking the Missing Option. Kalotay, Andrew // Bond Buyer;5/11/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33112, p28
The article presents the author's view on Build America Bonds (BABs) borrowing. He argues why the federal government pays the issuers a subsidy of 35% of the interest payments inspite that the coupons on BABs are higher. He emphasizes that better deal on BABs should be practiced so it would be...
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Tuesday, July 12. // Bond Buyer;7/13/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32173, p2
Highlights U.S. government securities prices as of July 12, 2005 closing.
- FAR WEST INVISIBLE SUPPLY. // Bond Buyer;5/28/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31894, p56
Presents statistical figures on the performance of United States government bonds as of May 28, 2004. Approval status of bonds from Alaska, California, Hawaii, Oregon and Washington; Underwriter choice; Expected date of sale.
- Maine Readies Its Annual Plain-Vanilla GO Bond Sale. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;5/26/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31892, p32
Reports that Maine is preparing for its annual general obligation (GO) bond sale of about $130 million in fixed-rate tax-exempt and taxable debt. Approval of the plain-vanilla GOs in two separate bond referendums; Final maturity of the debt to be just under 10 years.
- Harris County Preps Back-to-Back Issues for Houston Port, Toll Road. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/16/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32219, p38
Reports on the issuance of toll revenue bonds for financing the projects of the Port of Houston Authority and the Harris County Toll Road Authority in Texas. Estimates on the total value of the bonds; Price of the bonds; Profitability of toll revenue bonds.
- Retail Scoops Up St. Louis Sewer Issue. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;4/29/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31873, p2
Reports on the Metropolitan Saint Louis Sewer District's sale of its long-term revenue bond debt to retail buyers. Comments of District Treasurer Karl Tyminski on estimated savings in interest costs; Average interest rate of the 30-year bonds; Uses of proceeds of the deal.
- Texas Revs Up Issuance. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/7/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32065, p1
The article reports that Texas is gearing up for massive bond issuance, as it embarks on a new era of transportation funding. These bonds may have a maturity of up to 20 years, and annual debt service can be no more than 10% of revenue into the fund. Two-thirds of the proceeds from the funds...