- Drinks that may keep kidney stones at bay. // Environmental Nutrition;Jul98, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p8
Identifies several types of drinks which can be taken to prevent the development of kidney stones. Type of drink people with calcium-oxalate kidney stones can use with meals; Comparison between the effects of milk and juice intake; Types of liquids associated with less risk of kidney stones;...
- Dietary and Holistic Treatment of Recurrent Calcium Oxalate Kidney Stones: Review of Literature to Guide Patient Education. Flagg, Laura R. // Urologic Nursing;Apr2007, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p113
The article discusses the implication of food and holistic treatment on the recurrence of calcium oxalate kidney stones. Dietary patterns increased stone formation including fluid and mineral intake and the protein content in fluids. Fruit juices had varied effects on stone formation where...
- Second opinion. // Mayo Clinic Health Letter;Dec1996, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p8
Provides answers to readers' inquiries about health. Kidney cysts as noncancerous lesions; Role of trace minerals in treating colds; Medications that interact with grapefruit juice.
- DRUGS TO AVOID WITH GRAPEFRUIT. Karon, Everett H. // Cortlandt Forum;10/25/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p56
The article presents an answer to the question about the importance of avoiding grapefruit or grapefruit juice for patients when taking medication, particularly for cardiovascular disease. As grapefruit juice is a potent inhibitor of CYP3A, an isoenzyme in the liver's cytochrome P450 system...
- Kidney punch. // Men's Health (10544836);Oct93, Vol. 8 Issue 7, p76
Recommends drinking plenty of orange juice for people prone to kidney stones. Effectiveness of a daily quart of orange juice compared to kidney stone medication; University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center research.
- GRAPEFRUIT AND STATINS. Tobin, Daniel G. // Cortlandt Forum;12/20/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p49
Presents a letter to the editor about grapefruit juice.
- Is Grapefruit a Deadly Mixer? Whitman, Stacy // Glamour;Aug99, Vol. 97 Issue 8, p47
States that grapefruit juice can be hazardous to health. Effects of drinking grapefruit while on medication; Grapefruit ingredients that can be hazardous.
- Cranberries. Keville, Kathi // Better Nutrition;Jun2001, Vol. 63 Issue 6, p54
Focuses on the effectiveness of cranberries in maintaining urinary health. Role of kidneys in filtering body waste; Diseases of the urinary tract; Causes of developing kidney stones; Traditional treatment for kidney stones; Amount of cranberry juice recommended for maintenance.
- Effects of Juice on Kidney Stone Formation. Graves, Diane S. // HerbalGram;Summer2003, Issue 59, p18
Provides information on the effect of juice on kidney stone formation. Significance of high fluid intake for the preventive treatment of kidney stones; Phases of trial conducted with the participation of twelve healthy male subjects with no history of kidney disorders; Changes in several...
- Orange juice prevents kidney stones. // GP: General Practitioner;9/8/2006, p1
The article presents information on a study related to kidney stones performed by U.S. researchers on 13 volunteers. The study found that consuming a glass of orange juice thrice a day can prevent the relapse of kidney stones.