Holden's Reality Check
- Missouri Governor Seeks Tax Hikes to Help Education. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/23/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31806, p29
Reports on the announcement made by Missouri Governor Bob Holden concerning the proposed fiscal 2005 budget. Amount of the budget; Benefits of the budget for the state; Objective of the proposed budget.
- Missouri Lawmakers Send $19 Billion Budget to Governor's Desk. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;5/10/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31880, p31
Reports that the Missouri legislature sent Governor Bob Holden a fiscal 2005 operating budget. Status of proposed bonding measures; Passage of a Medicaid bill by the House and Senate; Higher-education appropriation; Proposal of Holden to raise taxes on cigarettes and casinos to help balance the...
- Gov. Holden Freezes $250 Million in Allocations in Missouri's Budget. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/07/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31671, p44
Reports that Missouri Governor Bob Holden has frozen 250 million dollar in spending allocation in the multi-billion dollar fiscal 2004 budget. Reason behind freezing of the spending allocation; Employment of the reduced spending money in public school and higher education funding.
- Holden's Cuts. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/19/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31288, p29
Reports on cuts announced by Missouri governor Bob Holden to the state's budget for the fiscal year 2002. Details of these cuts; Reasons for the cuts; Economic challenges faced by the state.
- A Long Haul To Sustainability. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Russia & CIS;Aug2005, Vol. 9 Issue 8, p6
Focuses on the decision of the Ukrainian government to cut its 2005 budget deficit target to boost revenues. Challenges to be faced by the government at the macroeconomic level; Factors that constrained economic improvements in the country despite the revision of the 2005 budget; Other threats...
- SLOW MOVING GIANT. // Telegraph (Calcutta, India);3/1/2015, p10
The article offers the author's insights on various expectations raised due to the Union budget in India which include the fiscal disciple, reduction in public expenditures, and the need to stimulate economic growth.
- Tough Times, Tough Choices. Baker, Charles D. // BusinessWest;10/16/2006, Vol. 23 Issue 13, p12
The article focuses on the Taxpayers Foundation's report on the Commonwealth's fiscal condition. The report states that the fiscal 2006 budget surplus of 400 million dollars has already been spent. The fiscal 2007 budget is out of balance by about 500 million dollars. The challenges that would...
- Missouri High Court Upholds Governor's Move to Retain Aid. Goldstein, Lisa // Education Week;1/7/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 16, p22
The Missouri Supreme Court has ruled that Governor Bob Holden has the power to withhold public school funding in order to balance the state budget. Holden ordered that $190 million be withheld from public schools in May, when he learned there would be a $300 million gap in expected revenue in...
- Leaders have mixed feelings about budget. Yurcan, Bryan F. // Westchester County Business Journal;2/12/2007, Vol. 46 Issue 7, p4
The article reports on several feedbacks concerning the Governor Eliot Spitzer's $120.6 billion executive budget proposal in the U.S. Some members of the Business Council of New York State had criticized the plan by raising the $600 million for revenues in the corporate taxes. One person said...