Michigan to Weigh Allowing Flint to Issue Deficit-Elimination Bonds
- Philadelphia's Deficit Estimate Put at $500M, But Some Question Timing. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;9/13/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31470, p3
Reports the amount of the budget deficit in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Factors to the budget deficit; Statement on the deficit by Janice Davis; Fund balance of the city.
- An Open Letter to National City (Mayor Morrison and City Council contracting with Arizona Company). Baca, Herman // La Prensa San Diego;6/11/2010, Vol. 34 Issue 23, p7
In this article the author discusses the proposal of Mayor Ron Morrison and Council members to photo-enforce 5 intersections in National City, California to address the city's budget deficit.
- S&P Drops Los Angeles Ratings Over Slow Progress on Deficits. Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;2/25/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33272, p28
The article reports on the downgrading of the bond rating of Los Angeles, California to AA-minus from AA, by the Standard & Poor's Corp. The move is in response to the city's slow action to resolve its budget deficits in 2010. The agency also cuts the city's appropriations-backed debt to A-plus...
- N.Y., Deadlocked on Tobacco Bonds, Mulls Interim Plan. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;3/11/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31590, p3
Reports on possible plans of using multi billion dollar in tobacco bonds to help in budget deficit for fiscal 2003 of New York. Proposal for providing security to multimillion dollar in annual payments under the national tobacco settlement; Reason for increase in budget deficit for the state;...
- Flint, Mich., Fiscal Review Team Says Debt Sale Is Doubtful. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;5/1/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31377, p50
Reports on the budget deficit of the state government in Michigan. Plan of issuing fiscal stabilization bonds; Disagreement of the city council members on the budget cut; Source of revenue.
- Miami Hopes to Redeem Its Image With $130 Million Deal. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;5/28/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31395, p37
Reports the strategic plans of Miami to cover up the million budget deficit in Florida. Plans to sell general obligation bonds; Creation of bond program oversight board; Adoption of rules for bond issuance.
- Analysts: Budget May Weaken California Financial Situation. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;9/9/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31467, p40
Reports the incoming budget deficit in California. Approval of the budget for the 2003; Increase on the demand of bond; Plan of the government officials on the issue.
- NORTHEAST Bond-Watch. // Bond Buyer;10/28/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31500, p35
Presents developments related to bonds in the U.S. as of October 28, 2002. Possible shortfall in the current fiscal year due to New York City's budget crisis; Plan of Puerto Rico Municipal Finance Agency to sell multi-million in general obligation bonds on October 29 to convert short-term loans...
- Waterbury, Conn., Searches for Way To Fill Gaping Hole in Pension Fund. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;4/3/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31357, p3
Reports on the sale of special capital reserve fund bonds in Waterburry, Connecticut. Utilization of the proceeds of the sale in eliminating accumulated fiscal deficits; Reduction of unfunded liability; Decrease in operating funds.