- Illinois Names Eight Healthcare Plans to Care for Medicaid and Medicare Clients. // Chicago Citizen - South Suburban Edition;11/14/2012, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p3
The article informs that Illinois Department of Healthcare and Family Services (HFS) has announced eight health plans for Medicare and Medicaid clients.
- Medicaid Reform Begins and Ends with States. Kurtz, Karl // Policy & Practice (19426828);Sep2005, Vol. 63 Issue 3, p5
Comments on the reform of Medicaid programs in Idaho. Opposition of governors and the Congress on the proposed Medicaid cuts; Appointment of a commission to examine Medicaid reform and issue recommendations; Beneficiaries of the Medicaid program.
- Gov. Barbour refrains from criticizing Romney on bid. Miller, Sean J. // Hill;4/13/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 51, p24
The article reports on the forbearing of Mississippi Governor Haley Barbour to criticize Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney for his state's health care system in a meeting in Capitol Hill.
- Grand Old Party. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/13/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31761, p31
Reports on the preparations made for the inauguration of Haley Barbour, second Republican governor in Mississippi. Budget for the campaign period; Salary of Barbour at the beginning of his four-year term; Oath of the officials.
- Mississippi Governor to Headline State GOP Gala. BURDETTE, WHITNEY // State Journal (WV);8/19/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 32, p8
The article reports that Mississippi Governor Haley Barbour will headline the West Virginia Lincoln-Reagan Gala on September 17, 2011 at the Charleston Civic Center.
- Medicaid Commission calls for long-term changes to program. Ament, Lucy // AHA News;1/8/2007, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p1
The article reports on the recommendations by the Medicaid Commission in the U.S. regarding the changes needed for the Medicaid program. The commission says states should have more freedom to alter benefits and eligibility for the program. The recommendations are focused on long-term care,...
- LOSE WEIGHT OR LOSE OUT: THE LEGALITY OF STATE MEDICAID PROGRAMS THAT MAKE OVERWEIGHT BENEFICIARIES' RECEIPT OF FUNDS CONTINGENT UPON HEALTHY LIFESTYLE CHOICES. Patrick, Erine E. // Emory Law Journal;2008, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p249
The article discusses the government's intervention in the citizens' healthy lifestyle habits in the U.S. It notes that the government is enforcing Medicaid programs wherein beneficiaries must submit to living healthy lifestyles in order to reduce health care costs. It mentions that such health...
- CM program serves young Medicaid beneficiaries with complex needs. // Case Management Advisor;Nov2007, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p109
The article focuses on a multidisciplinary care management program for young Medicaid beneficiaries in the U.S. In the first year of the program, the percentage of children using appropriate asthma medications rose from 50% to 57%. It notes that the program started in 2001 in response to a new...
- Study: Part D Hurts Your Patients' Access To Psychiatric Drugs. // Getting Paid in Behavioral Healthcare;Jun2007, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p1
The article offers information on the study by the American Psychiatric Institute for Research of Part D medications for patients with psychiatric diagnoses in the U.S. It states that 53.4 percent of dual eligible patients are having problems in accessing their medications during the first...