Vying for Sewer Post
- Nagin expects fees to help fill $37M shortfall. Roberts, Deon // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);11/3/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 19, p5
Reports on the year 2004 proposed budget of Mayor C. Ray Nagin in New Orleans, Louisiana. Source on the revenues of the proposed budget; Efforts of the city government to avoid employee layoffs; Plans of the city government to increase public fines and fees.
- The Trouble With Ray Nagin. Brown, Ethan // Details;Dec2008 Supplement, p124
A biography of C. Ray Nagin, mayor of New Orleans, Louisiana, is presented. He was born on June 11, 1956, in the city's seventh ward, to a father who swept the floors at City Hall and a homemaker mother. He studied accounting at Tuskegee University, earned a Master of Business Administration...
- Katrina revamp reveals Nagin newly vulnerable to challenges. Crouere, Jeff // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);10/24/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 16, p17
Criticizes the failure of New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin in managing the destruction and devastation caused by Hurricane Katrina in Louisiana. Deficiency in granting financial aid to victims; Expression of dismay over the failure to develop reconstruction programs; Impact of the controversy on his...
- OUR READERS' FAVORITE POLITICIAN Mayor Ray Nagin. McNulty, Ian // New Orleans Magazine;Nov2004, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p73
Discusses the management style of Ray Nagin, mayor of New Orleans, Louisiana and the 2004 favorite politician of "New Orleans" magazine readers. Reason for the mayor's travels around the state and to financial centers; Role of the mayor's personal assistant Patricia Smith on his life balance;...
- Nagin fuels his upcoming race with fiery state of city address. Crouere, Jeff // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);5/16/2005, Vol. 25 Issue 45, p27
The article focuses on New Orleans Mayor C. Ray Nagin's address on the future of New Orleans, Louisiana. Nagin was emotional and passionate about the accomplishments of his administration and his plans for the future. He emphasized the economic advances made during his administration, going from...
- Stop criminals from killing New Orleans. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);6/26/2006, Vol. 26 Issue 51, p20
The article reports on the efforts of the government officials in solving the crime issues surrounding the state of New Orleans, Louisiana. Governor Kathleen Babineaux Blanco and Mayor C. Ray Nagin team up to find solution to the crime problems. Deployment of the National Guard in isolated...
- 'Naive' Nagin now knows politics must be played. Roberts, Deon // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);5/3/2004, Vol. 24 Issue 45, p1
Reports on former Cox Communications executive Ray Nagin's mayoral victory in New Orleans, Louisiana. Nagin's desire to do a better job communicating with the African-American community in New Orleans; Nagin's political achievements.
- GOING DOWN HARD IN THE BIG EASY. Verger, Rob // Newsweek Global;2/14/2014, Vol. 162 Issue 7, p63
A photograph is presented of the former mayor of New Orleans, Louisiana Ray Nagin who was found guilty in February 2014 of accepting bribes while he was in office.
- POLICE RESIDENCY. // New Orleans Magazine;May2005, Vol. 39 Issue 8, p34
Focuses on the issue of police residency law that requires police in New Orleans, Louisiana to live in the city. Background on the shift in the position of Mayor C. Ray Nagin on the issue; Reason for the opposition of police chief Eddie Compass against the law; Involvement of the issue of...