Dallas-Based Samco, in Growth Mode, Adds Two Bankers
- Damon Smith Endowed Scholarship. // Texas Magazine;Spring/Summer2005, p31
Focuses on the Damon P. Smith Endowed Memorial Scholarship of the McCombs School of Business at the University of Texas in Austin. Profile of the late Damon P. Smith of Samco Capital Markets; Views of Peter Hill, a colleague at JPMorgan Chase & Co., on Smith; Information on contributing to the...
- Samco Capital Markets Hires Two Bankers, Three Salesmen. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/3/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31939, p28
Reports on the recruitment of bankers and salesmen by Samco Capital Markets Inc. in Dallas, Texas. Expansion of the enterprise in regional and national levels; Career history of the new employees; Financial performance of the firm.
- SAMCO Trading the Securities Spectrum. Appin, Rick // Bank Loan Report;4/1/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 13, p1
Reports on the search for value in convertible bonds and syndicated loans by SAMCO Capital Markets in the U.S. as of April 2002.
- The trading floor. Preston, Darrell; Sherman, Lynn // Bond Buyer;02/17/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30831, p28
Reports on developments related to the government securities market in the United States as of February 17, 2000. Includes Dallas, Texas-based SAMCO Capital Markets' hiring of public finance professionals Duane Westerman and his father Floyd Westerman.
- Noted AND Noteworthy. // U.S. Banker;Sep2003, Vol. 113 Issue 9, p18
Presents issues related to banking industry in the U.S Emphasis on the brand of advertising surealism; Checking turnstyles of the money firm SAMCO; Accounts on the real estate acquired by bank Wokovia.
- Bank Investing with an Eye on the Exit. Reosti, John // American Banker;10/22/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 203, p1
An investment banking firm in Austin, Texas, is assembling a $50 million private equity fund it plans to invest in privately held banks. The fund's manager, Samco Capital Markets, says it can generate a 20% annual rate of return--but only if a significant number of the banks in which it invests...
- Dallas-Based SAMCO Continues Growth With New Boston Office. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/14/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32111, p29
Announces that Dallas, Texas-based SAMCO Capital Markets Inc. has opened an office in Boston, Massachusetts. Part of the companies continuing expansion that began in 2004; Background on officials hired to run the office.
- TEXAS: Corpus Christi Readies GOs. Willamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;3/20/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32590, p9
The article reports on Corpus Christi, Texas' plan to sell $31.2 million of general obligation bonds on March 26, 2007 in a negotiated deal led by Samco Capital Markets Inc. The bonds carry ratings of A1 from Moody's Investors Service and AA-minus from Standard & Poor's and Fitch Ratings. The...
- SAMCO Nets Veteran Dallas Banker to Manage Munis. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;5/28/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31894, p4
Reports on the appointment of Dallas, Texas banker, Stephen Young, in the financial company SAMCO Capital Markets Inc. as managing director of municipal underwritings. Career history of Young; Opinions regarding the appointment; Company profile.