Broward, Fla., Officials Approve Needed Airport Study
- Van Zandt County Commissioners take up appointments to local boards, districts. Cohn, Lew K. // Edgewood Enterprise (TX);1/25/2007, Vol. 100 Issue 4, p1
The article highlights the Van Zandt County Commissioners Court's meeting held January 23, 2007, including the appointment of a panel to be commissioners for the Van Zandt County Emergency Services District No. 2.
- ESD Commissioners Teague, Pryor terms expire January 1 . // Grand Saline Sun (TX);12/20/2007, Vol. 111 Issue 51, p1A
The article reports that the term for commissioners John Teague and John Pryor at the Emergency Services District (ESD) No. 2 in Van Zandt County, Texas will expire on January 1, 2007, and Doyle Milliorn, Joe Sutton, and Mary Ann Ritchie were chosen to fill ESD board for 2007-2008.
- DIPLOMATIC WOMEN. TREADELL, VICKI // Diplomatic Courier;Mar2014, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p32
A narrative is presented which explores the author's experience as head of mission at the British Deputy High Commission in Mumbai in 2006 and when she took over as British High Commissioner in New Zealand in 2010.
- WASHINGTON: SeaTac Runway Debt OK'd. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;10/6/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32482, p35
The article reports on the approval of the Port of Seattle's Board of Commissioners regarding the $220 million bonds to complete the third runway worth $1.1 billion at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport in Washington, D.C. The project has already received funding from bonds, federal money, as...
- Jiangsu Province Programs Its Coastal Areas. // China Chemical Reporter;7/6/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 19, p6
The article reports on the approval of the coastal area development program by the State Council in Jiangsu, China. The said coastal development scheme comprises the construction of the province's three coastal cities, including Lianyugang, Yancheng and Nantong. These three cities will become...
- Orange County lawyers try to reverse judge's criticism of airport study. Berkman, Leslie // Bond Buyer;10/16/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30253, p2
Reports that lawyers for Orange County, California have sought to change the opinion of Judge Judith McConnell who has cited shortcomings in the environmental impact report the county relied on to approve an international airport. Disagreements between McConnell and lawyer Michael Scott Gatzke;...
- California airport foes ask court to kill study. Jacobius, Arleen // Bond Buyer;11/17/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30274, p31
Announces the filing of court papers by lawyers for challengers of Orange County, California's plans for building a $1.7 billion international airport, on November 13, 1997 seeking to get the environmental impact report thrown out. Ruling issued by Judge Judith McConnell on the inadequacy of...
- TheNews: Petition fails to get gay on commission. Russell, Stuart // Body Politic;Aug80, Issue 65, p15
Reports on the decision of the Quebec National Assembly not to appoint gay commissioners to the Human Rights Commission in June 1980. Petition for the appointment of gay commissioners; Commissioners appointed to the government agency; Issues surrounding the appointments.
- Minister to Moscow. Davis, Forrest // Saturday Evening Post;6/16/1945, Vol. 217 Issue 51, p17
The article focuses on the appointment of economist Isador Lubin as U.S. representative on the Moscow Commission. Lubin's appointment as U.S. representative has been regarded as the most important postwar task undertaken by an American. He consults with European officials on how and what to do...