Report: Education Spending Will Continue to Rise
- In brief. // Public Finance;11/2/2007, p7
The article presents news briefs concerning public administration and finance in Great Britain. Failing schools have been warned that they will be taken over by state or independent schools if they do not raise their standards. The pay of the average family doctor in the country has risen by 10...
- Prop. 301 impact picking up steam. Schliesman, Kyle // Inside Tucson Business;4/26/2004, Vol. 13 Issue 43, p31
Provides information about the Proposition 301 state sales tax passed by Arizona voters in 2002. Concept of the Proposition 301; Objectives under this state sales tax; Impact of the tax on the field of education in Arizona.
- In brief. // Public Finance;5/18/2007, p7
The article presents news briefs concerning public finance and administration in Great Britain. A survey has revealed that nine out of ten hospital patients are pleased with their care, but few feel a choice of hospital is important. The Commons Education and Skills Select Committee calls for a...
- Here's a Long-term Way to Fix State and Local Budget Deficits. Andrews, Lewis // American Enterprise;Oct2003, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p42
Offers recommendations for addressing state and local budget deficits in the U.S. Projected state deficits for fiscal 2004; Factors that contribute to the budget problems faced by U.S. state governments; Role of public education in the U.S. fiscal crisis; Difference between public school and...
- K-12 Spending Detailed. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;2/11/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32069, p39
Reports on the proposal of Montana Governor Brian Schweitzer to increase spending on K-12 schools. Amount considered in the proposal of the governor; Flexibility given to individual school districts to use the money; Amount intended to help school districts retire bond issues and reduce local...
- PA and Public Policy Education in China. Holzer, Mare // PA Times;Jul2001, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p7
Focuses on the status of Public Administration (PA) and Public Policy Education (PPE) in China. Suspension of the study in the 1950 for ideological reasons; Accomplishment of the PA discipline; Reestablishment on the field of PA in 1980; Improvement of PA and PPE in the country.
- Education's Data Management Initiative: Significant Progress Made, but Better Planning Needed to Accomplish Project Goals: GAO-06-. // GAO Reports;10/28/2005, p1
- Two-Thirds of Citizens Believe American Dream Harder to Achieve. // PA Times;Nov2004, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p1
Reports on the new survey which indicated a growing fear of achieving the American Dream in the U.S. Contribution of financial insecurity and poor quality public education to the hindrance of fulfilling the desire of Americans; Increase in the number of people stating the contribution of the...
- Department of Education: Status of Financial Management Weaknesses Reported in the Fiscal Year 1999 Financial Statement Audit: GAO-01-104R. Calbom, Linda M. // GAO Reports;10/16/2000, p1
This correspondence discusses financial weaknesses reported in the Department of Education's fiscal year 1999 financial statement audit. A major area needing improvement involves internal controls, which provide the framework for the accomplishment of management objectives, accurate financial...