On Their Own
- Location, Location, Location! Righthand, Penny // Advisor Today;Feb2006, Vol. 101 Issue 2, p70
The article points out to insurance and financial advisors that is essential for them to determine where exactly their clients are in their financial plan. This is demonstrated by a conversation with a husband and wife who want to plan for their retirement.
- Majority of small businesses lack succession plans. // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;Aug96, Vol. 97 Issue 4, p86
Reports on a survey of American Society of Chartered Life Underwriters & Chartered Financial Consultants (CLU & CHFC) members which shows lack of succession plans among the majority of small businesses. Reasons for the lack of business succession plans.
- Making most of company pension a key to smart planning. // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;Aug96, Vol. 97 Issue 4, p87
Reports on the role of implementing a good financial plan in maximizing benefits for retirement, according to the American Society of Chartered Life Underwriters and Chartered Financial Consultants. Effectiveness of split annuity; Common concerns on company pensions.
- To make `golden years' of retirement shine, plan ahead long before the time to quit. // Insurance Advocate;2/3/96, Vol. 107 Issue 5, p23
Reports on the American Society of CLU & ChFC's special advertising section published in the November 27, 1995 issue of the `Fortune' magazine that provides practical retirement advice for consumers in the United States. Discussions of issues by retirement specialists; Order information.
- Are You Rich Enough? Dulisse, Richard // Advisor Today;Feb2006, Vol. 101 Issue 2, p26
The article presents an approach which disability income insurance agents can use to get their prospects to ponder about the financial effect of a disability. The script entails drawing a graph representing a person's income and expenses and showing how these are affected in case of a disability.
- IIAA spotlights cross-sale opportunities via survey. Pasher, Victoria Sonshi // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;7/01/96, Vol. 100 Issue 27, p1
Reports on the Independent Insurance Agents of America's (IIAA) release of the results of its survey on women's finance planning. Targeting of women as a market; Women's role in buying insurance and other financial products; IIAA's encouragement of its member agents to cross-sell life insurance...
- Underwriting Nirvana. George, Hank // Advisor Today;Apr2005, Vol. 100 Issue 4, p74
Offers advice on how to expedite an insurance business in the United States. Remembrance of the three Fs when dealing with any underwriter; Support of the telephone interview; Preparation of every client for physical examinations.
- The Un-sale Sale! Hudock, Barbara // Advisor Today;Sep2005, Vol. 100 Issue 9, p72
The article provides advice to insurance agents and financial advisors on selling. Some of the best sales ideas include: pampering and servicing client; ensuring that the point of first contact is an incredible one for prospects; creation and nurturing of mutual trust; accountability;...
- May You Always Say Yes. Woods, David // Advisor Today;Aug2004, Vol. 99 Issue 8, p54
Focuses on the role of insurance agents in the life of their clients. Importance of the patience of an agent to go after his client for monthly premiums; Trust between client and agent; Importance of insurance in the lives of people.