A 5-sided fixer-upper
- Pentagon Renovation Program. Hunkele III, Lester M.; Evey, W. Lee // Program Manager;Jan/Feb2002, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p2
Focuses on the renovation of the Pentagon building in Virginia. Budget for the project; Replacement of utility lines; Complications in the construction of the historic structure. INSETS: From the Editor;Significant Project Control/Related Provisions;30 Key Construction Milestones;WALKER LEE EVEY
- PENTAGON'S EXTERIOR RESTORATION COMPLETE. // Army Logistician;Sep/Oct2002, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p1
Discusses the completion of Pentagon's exterior restoration in Virginia. Start of the interior restoration of the building; Target date for the operation of the building's E ring.
- Pentagon Renovations Continue. Vantran, K.L. // Program Manager;Sep-Dec2003, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p44
Reports on the renovation of the Pentagon building in Virginia. Addition of half corridors; Provision of more escape routes in case of emergencies; Description of the glass causeways.
- CREWS FIX ENOUGH OF PENTAGON TO ALLOW SOME EMPLOYEES BACK. Winston, Sherie // ENR: Engineering News-Record;10/8/2001, Vol. 247 Issue 15, p22
Reports the renovation of the Pentagon Building in Virginia. Resumption of office activities in the Department of Defense headquarters; Damage assessment and cost estimates for the restoration; Installation of electric power to the wedge by crews from AMEC Construction Co.
- Pentagon Spearheads Strategic Renovations. // Government Procurement;Aug2002, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p30
Reports the strategic renovation project in Pentagon, Virginia. Reduction of the number of bids and contracts; Preservation of historical significance of the Pentagon; Simplification of procurement process to speed project completion.
- CONSTRUCTION UPDATE. // Program Manager;Jan/Feb2002, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p19
Focuses on the contracts for the Pentagon Renovation Program in the U.S. List of companies awarded with contracts; Details on the letter contracts for specialty contractors; Motivation for the completion of building restoration.
- Pentagon Construction. Williams, Rudi // Program Manager;Mar/Apr2002, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p96
Reports on the construction of the Pentagon in Virginia. Effects of the renovation on the employees; Duration of the renovation program.
- PACE OF PENTAGON WORK MAY SPEED RECONSTRUCTION. Winston, Sherie // ENR: Engineering News-Record;11/5/2001, Vol. 247 Issue 19, p14
Reports on the possibility of speeding the reconstruction of the Pentagon based on the pace of work. Motivation of construction workers; Search for ways of saving time; Use of concrete shears in doing the delicate work.
- PENTAGON REHAB PUSHES INNOVATION. Winston, Sherie // ENR: Engineering News-Record;7/08/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 2, p10
Reports the renovation of the Pentagon building in Virginia. Cost of the renovation work; Design and construction of the building; Views of construction executive Tom Schwieger on the renovation of the building.