Rice farming 'augmentees'
- Recreation Program Development Impacts: A Dynamic Regional Analysis. Brown, Nicholas; MacMillan, James A. // American Journal of Agricultural Economics;Nov77, Vol. 59 Issue 4, p750
Deals with a study which compared the impact of a recreation program relative to agricultural development programs utilizing a dynamic regional economic model. Inclusion of recreation in a regional model; Assessment of recreation versus agricultural development programs; Development policy...
- Ag-tourism. McKay, Bud // Wenatchee Business Journal;Mar2001, Vol. 15 Issue 3, pB14
Presents opportunities for agriculture-tourism-related business to prosper in Wenatchee, Washington. Interests of tourists on ranch operations; Breakdown of how tourists spent the money; Impact of agricultural tourism on the fruit growers.
- Staples plant leads anaerobic digestion drive. Sixsmith, Rachel // Horticulture Week;3/18/2011, p30
The article offers information on Staples Vegetables, a finalist for the Grower of the Year 2011, as the first anaerobic digestion project funded through the Environmental Transformation Fund of the Government in Great Britain.
- IIAP Y EL BIOCOMERCIO. Baca, Luis Campos // Agro Enfoque;aug2009, Vol. 23 Issue 165, p42
No abstract available.
- Plowing even as bombs fall in a pocket of war-torn Sudan. Matloff, Judith // Christian Science Monitor;3/27/96, Vol. 88 Issue 84, p6
Reports that a pilot project in Chokudum, Sudan, aims to teach skills, and boost agricultural development so that Sudanese can feed themselves during war. Duration of the experiment; How bombs can be used in plowing.
- Egypt to forge ahead with Nile water project. Butter, David // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;1/16/1998, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p2
Reports that Egypt is to continue with the South Valley Development Project, designed to irrigate farmland to be reclaimed from the desert. Amount which government is prepared to spend for a pumping station to suck water out of Lake Nasser; Questions raised about the project's advisability;...
- Finding energy payback period. Petersen, Dana // Wallaces Farmer;Dec2011, Vol. 136 Issue 12, p60
The article offers insights on how to find simple payback for energy-related farm projects by making decisions about where to reinvest the money for farm businesses and buying equipment with lower initial costs to save money.
- Calendar. // Western Farmer-Stockman;Jun2011, Vol. 134 Issue 6, p4
A calendar of events for the agricultural developments in June to November 2011 is presented which includes the American International Charolais Association at American Shorthorn University in Kansas City, Missouri on June 10 to 12, the Irrigation Association and American Society of Irrigation...
- Distillers grains partnership brings breakthroughs. // Nebraska Farmer;Dec2011, Vol. 153 Issue 12, p62
The article reports on the farming initiative in Nebraska in 2011 which allowed Nebraska Corn Board and University of Nebraska to identify research projects that would benefit cattle producers.