In search of news and information
- For Lieutenants Only! Leinbach, Glenn // Aerospace Power Journal;Summer2001, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p90
Reports on the availability of a Web site wherein views of junior officers in the United States Air Force would be published. Limitation of the `Aerospace Power Journal' to accommodate concerns of junior officers; How the Web site works; Objectives of the site.
- Diving the Digital Dumpster: The Impact of the Internet on Collecting Open-Source Intelligence. Umphress, David A. // Air & Space Power Journal;Winter2005, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p82
Initially a research project for networking computers, the Internet now enables a free flow of information and has woven itself into the very fabric of our culture. However, the Air Force should be judicious about the information it places on Web sites. In this article, Colonel Umphress argues...
- Web Surfing. // Flying Safety;May2004, Vol. 60 Issue 5, p3
Presents information on the Web site of the U.S. Air Force Safety Center.
- Deployed, Airmen, Families Meet at Crossroads. Miller, Cynthia // Airman;Jul2000, Vol. 44 Issue 7, p14
Features the U.S. Air Force Crossroads web site. Address of the site at www.afcrossroads.com; Pooling of all web resources from across the Air Force and U.S. Department of Defense into a single location; Virtual community atmosphere; Daily updating of the site to ensure accuracy of information.
- Selling to the military on the Web. Griffin, Cynthia E. // Entrepreneur;Aug1996, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p178
Reports that the Air Force Office of Smqall and Disadvantaged Business Utilization has put a page on the World Wide Web to provide businesses with information on how to sell to the agency. Online address.
- Web site interprets chief of staff survey. // Airman;Sep98, Vol. 42 Issue 9, p17
Features the United States Air Force Center for Quality and Management Innovation's web site highlighting a database that serves as a primary resource for translating results from the survey into actions aimed at improving unit-level organizational climate. Information provided at the site;...
- Standards take wing at USAF. // Automatic I.D. News;May97, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p9
Focuses on the approval of the United States Air Force (USAF) to the UCC/EAN 128 as the standard for use on shipments from vendors after seeing the results of a pilot project in Los Angeles. Objective of the Los Angeles Air Force Base pilot project; Test using electronic data interchange to...
- Put a virtual prototype on your desktop. McQuay, William K. // Program Manager;Sep/Oct97, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p94
Discusses the use of computer simulation in military equipment and systems in the US Air Force. Definition of the Collaborative Virtual Prototyping (DVP); Concept of Joint Synthetic Battlespace in the Air Force modeling and simulation vision.
- RIGHT PEOPLE in the JOB at the TIME: Continuum of Service web page helps AFRC employees stay informed as they transition through their career. // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Apr2012, Vol. 64 Issue 2, p20
The article reports about a web page Continuum of service which helps the U.S. Air Force Reserve Command employees to obtain their carrier management information, regardless of the employee status. This page was created on AFPERS website to keep the employees well informed, as they undergo...