Database helps locate Gulf War hospital records
- Veterans file suit. // Chemical Week;6/15/1994, Vol. 154 Issue 23, p6
Reports on the filing of a suit by a group of American veterans of the Persian Gulf War against a group of chemical, engineering, and service companies that sold goods or services to Iraq before the war. Companies named in action.
- Military health: The insurmountable gulf. Reardon, Sara // Nature;1/8/2015, Vol. 517 Issue 7533, p132
The article discusses the conflict between scientists and veterans and the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs over the recognition of Gulf War illness. Topics discussed include the claim that Gulf War illness is a complex disorder affecting veterans of the Gulf military operations in 1990-1991,...
- U.S. Veteran Population, 2007. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2008, p123
An almanac entry for the population of U.S. veterans in 2007 is presented. More than 23 million veterans are in civilian life. The Armed Forces had more than 17 million wartime veterans. More than four million veterans serve in the Gulf War. More than seven million veterans served in the Vietnam...
- A USï¿½UK comparison of health in 1990ï¿½1991 Gulf War veterans. Ismail, K.; Fear, N.; Flanagan, M.; Doebbeling, B.; Wessely, S. // Occupational Medicine;Oct2011, Vol. 61 Issue 7, p483
Background UK and US military personnel appear to have different health profiles yet direct comparisons of health status and deployment exposures between US and UK military populations have never been performed.Aims To compare US and UK military personnel deployed to the 1991 Persian Gulf War...
- An assessment of survey measures used across key epidemiologic studies of United States Gulf War I Era Veterans. McNeil, Rebecca B.; Thomas, Catherine M.; Coughlin, Steven S.; Hauser, Elizabeth; Huang, Grant D.; Goldstein, Karen M.; Johnson, Marcus R.; Dunn-Thomas, Tyra; Provenzale, Dawn T. // Environmental Health: A Global Access Science Source;2013, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p1
Over the past two decades, 12 large epidemiologic studies and 2 registries have focused on U.S. veterans of the 1990-1991 Gulf War Era. We conducted a review of these studies' research tools to identify existing gaps and overlaps of efforts to date, and to advance development of the next...
- Bush dedicates tree grove to Gulf War vets. // American Nurseryman;07/01/96, Vol. 184 Issue 1, p20
Reports that former United States President George Bush has dedicated a grove of 100 trees at Arlington National Cemetery in Arlington, Virginia in honor of all Persian Gulf War veterans.
- Wars Just and Unjust. Hoyll, Pat C. // AGNI;1991, Issue 34, p20
An essay is presented on the justification of the Gulf War. It discusses why the public seemed to forget the efforts and sacrifices made by American war veterans considering the negative impact of war to these soldiers' health and well-being. It explores how the Vietnam War changed the nature of...
- Gulf War Illness. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;9/15/2015, pA02
The article reports on a study at the Health Care System in New Jersey and Virginia, which found that Gulf War veterans are affected by Gulf War illness, which is characterized by chronic fatigue, cognitive dysfunction and muscle pain.
- Gulf War Illnesses. McCoy, Leslie // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Apr2000, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p6
Focuses on the United States Department of Defense's efforts to find the cause of mysterious maladies of Gulf War veterans. Creation of an investigative team; Importance of veterans' views about the Gulf War illnesses investigation; Outreach program to reservists; Possible use of personal...