Helicopter crew plucks climber off mountain
- Rescuing the Rescuers. Smith, Mont // Wings of Gold;Fall2016, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p64
A personal narrative is presented in which the author shares his rescue mission with the HH-3F helicopter at the Coast Guard Air Station Kodiak, Alaska.
- Helicopter company moves in. // Indianapolis Business Journal;7/26/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 20, p15
Reports on the plans of PHI Air Medical Indiana to expand into Indianapolis by the end of 2004. Services offered by the Columbus base for Southeast Indiana patients; Plans of PHI to open a base in Anderson and at Eagle Creek Airport.
- `Jolly five five can you respond'? Foster, Chuck; Harnett, Brett // Flying Safety;Aug94, Vol. 50 Issue 8, p20
Describes a helicopter rescue mission in Alaska. Crash of an aircraft caused by miscommunication; Surveying of the crash site to determine the position of the survivors; Administration of safety precautions by rescue crews to facilitate the survivors' transfer.
- Choppers to the rescue. Sweetman, Bill // Popular Science;Jun98, Vol. 252 Issue 6, p58
Presents information on the Emergency Rescue Vehicle which is used in helicopter rescue missions. Information on the development of the helicopter to carry the vehicle; Features of the helicopter; Types of rescues which can be carried out by the helicopter. INSETS: Europe's rising stars;News...
- I just got here! Soltero, Gabriel // Approach: The Naval Safety Center's Aviation Magazine;Jul98, Vol. 43 Issue 7, p10
Discusses a search and rescue operation by an American crew operating off Puerto Rico for training and learning about the capabilities of HH-60H helicopter. Information on the accident met by an F-18 Hornet that had come loose from the catapult during the launch; Details on the rescue operation.
- HELICOPTER OPERATIONS IN SWIFTWATER RESCUES. Collins, Larry // Fire Engineering;Jul2003, Vol. 156 Issue 7, p59
Focuses on helicopter operations in swiftwater rescues in the U.S. Expectations; Limitations; Rescue hazards; Case studies of several helicopter rescue operations. INSETS: Case Study 1: Rubio Creek Rescue;Case Study 2: Rescues in Heavy Rainstorm.
- Camera Catches Daring Rescue Of Hiker Who Fell Into Yosemite Fall. // National Parks Traveler;6/12/2014, p3
The article reports that a 22-year-old hiker was rescued by a helicopter in Yosemite National Park in California.
- UNFRIENDLY SKIES. Haugh, Richard // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;09/20/98, Vol. 72 Issue 18, p46
States that health maintenance organizations want evidence showing that medical helicopters mean better care for patients, shorter hospital stays and low costs. Information on the safety of air emergency programs; Comments from Robert Dodd, a Severn, Maryland, aviation consultant and former...
- Copper chopper. Trigoboff, Dan // Broadcasting & Cable;10/23/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 44, p18
Reports the use of the helicopter of WHO-TV by Des Moines, Iowa police in searching a missing woman. Distinction of the station's offer of the helicopter; Reflection of WHO-TV's commitment to serve the community; Plans of station executives to ask journalism ethicists for guidance.