Videophones on call at family support center
- Video calls again. Vizard, Frank // Popular Science;Apr97, Vol. 250 Issue 4, p33
Explains why videophones are attempting a comeback in 1997. Two important developments, including the fast 33.6Kbps modem for the transmission of data; The H.324 communications standard; Why videophones remain limited.
- Telephony with pictures. Booth, S.A. // Popular Mechanics;Feb88, Vol. 165 Issue 2, p50
Like 3-D imaging and the flat-panel television, the concept of a telephone with pictures is long-lived and persistent. Now the videophone is here, ready to take its place beside the VCR, microwave and other household appliances. A look at some systems on the market.
- I want a videophone--now! Bellman, Robert B. // Business Communications Review;Apr95, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p38
Focusses on the increasing demand for improved video telephone service. Differences in opinions regarding the need for video telephones; Developments which influenced video telephony since the early 1980s; Changes in the multimedia and entertainment applications which affect the development of...
- See ya. // Newsweek;1/20/1997, Vol. 129 Issue 3, p8
Mentions the ViaTV Phone from 8x8 Inc. What it offers the user; An upgrade to WebTV that will allow users access to the World Wide Web using the PlanetWeb browser.
- New Center Video Phones Enhance Services for the Deaf. Soule, Thomas // Vanguard (LA Gay & Lesbian Center);Feb2010, p5
The article reports that the four video phones purchased by the L.A. Gay & Lesbian Center has enhanced its services for the deaf in California.
- Call me. Brown, Russell // NZ Business;Apr95, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p35
Features the VideoPhone from American Telephone & Telegraph (AT&T). Features; JBM's acquisition of rights for distribution of the phone in New Zealand; Contact information.
- `Mr. Spacely on line one'. Steinberg, Don // GQ: Gentlemen's Quarterly;Nov96, Vol. 66 Issue 11, p145
Features the video communication equipment called the videophone. Historical development of the product; Features of videophone; Contributions to modern telecommunications advancement; Effects on home and business activities; Lists of computer products equipped with videophone peripherals.
- Ring of truth. Servin, James // Harper's Bazaar;May93, Issue 3377, p48
Features the videophone. Models produced by AT & T and MCI; Features; Advice on how to look good over the videophone.
- Where is the Grandma phone? Leibson, Steven H. // EDN;6/20/96, Vol. 41 Issue 13, p11
Editorial. Advocates the development and marketing of plug-and-play video phones dubbed as Grandma Phones. Author's testing of AT&T's video phone at the 1964 World's Fair in New York; Consumer demand for Grandma Phones; Basic technologies needed to design the Grandma Phone.