Outdoor programs draw teen interest
- Every parent's worst nightmare. Parrish, Duncan // New Statesman;08/21/2000, Vol. 129 Issue 4500, p11
Deals with the interest of young people of traveling in their gap year between leaving school and starting university. Reasons behind the interest; Incident which implies the risks in traveling; Findings of a report published by the Gap Year Company in 2000 concerning the traveling interest.
- New Horizon Youth Centre. // Children & Young People Now (Haymarket Business Publications Ltd;Apr2010 Youth Work Now Supplement, p17
The article provides information on the New Horizon Youth Centre, a facility that offers advice and support to vulnerable young people in London, England.
- Sensory Play and Leisure in the Multi-Sensory Environment. // Children & Young People Now (Haymarket Business Publications Ltd;11/23/2010, p21
The article offers information about the workshop entitled "Sensory Play and Leisure in the Multi-Sensory Environment," on December 8, 2010 in England.
- Can bingo cast off its old-fashioned image? Rosier, Ben // Marketing (00253650);10/26/2000, p23
Focuses on the efforts of the National Bingo Game Association to overhaul the staid image of the game in Great Britain. Holding of a review for its multi-million sterling pound creative account; Aim of widening the game's appeal to the younger market; Repositioning of game as a modern day...
- Out on a limb. Lovitt, Rob // Backpacker;Mar1993, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p140
Discusses why the author enjoys climbing trees to gaze at the scenery below. The benefits of such a hobby; His experience of climbing to the top; A good physical workout; His rediscovery of climbing during a camping trip in the North Cascades; Climbing trees also benefits the soul.
- Signpost. Osborne, Steve; Sigardsson, Frances // Backpacker;May93, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p12
Comments on several news events of interest to outdoor lovers. International Paper Co.'s plans to donate 20,000 acres of boreal forest to the State of New York and the non-profit Conservation Fund; Inland Sea Society of Bayfield, Wisconsin's annual sea kayaking symposium; `Wolf-like animal' shot...
- 60-MINUTE FIXES. Ettinger, Amy // Backpacker;Sep2004, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p33
Presents information on several outdoor recreational activities in Chicago, Illinois.
- 3 WAYS TO SEE Maine. // Backpacker;Sep2004, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p36
Describes several outdoor activities in Maine.
- TRAIL TOWN: Damascus, VA. Wood, Charlie // Backpacker;Sep2004, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p37
Presents information on several outdoor recreation sites in Damascus, Virginia.