Textbook Publishers Get A 40% Bounce From Q1 Sales Overseas
- Fire on the Rhine. Zeitchik, Steven // Publishers Weekly;7/12/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 28, p10
Deals with the publishing industry in Germany. Number of book titles which are published annually; Practices of the country's publishing houses; Status of the German book market.
- DEALS. Thornton, Matthew // Publishers Weekly;10/23/2006, Vol. 253 Issue 42, p6
The article presents news briefs related to deals between publishers and publishing companies in the U.S. Borchardt sold North American rights to a new work of nonfiction by Tracy Kidder to Random's Kate Medina. Doubleday's Gerald Howard has signed up novelist and critic Jay Parini for a...
- Booking Their Space. Tan, Teri // Publishers Weekly;10/3/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 39, pS4
This article reports on the state of the publishing industry in Singapore as of October 2005. With more than 700 publishers in Singapore, including multinational publishers whose Asian headquarters call the island-state home, the publishing scene is positively bubbling with more universal...
- China Book Trade Leaps. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;4/16/2007, Vol. 254 Issue 16, p7
The article reports on the status of book trade worldwide. Total book exports in the U.S. rose 2.8% in 2006 to $1.95 billion, according to figures from the U.S. Department of Commerce. The largest increase last year was to China. Total exports to China are only $25.8 million. The increase in...
- News Briefs. // Book Publishing Report;5/24/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 19, p5
Presents news brief on the developments in the book publishing industry as of May 24, 2004. Liquidation of New Millennium Entertainment; Acquisition of the Law in Context series by Cambridge University from LexisNexis UK; Decrease in the sale of consumer books, according to a newly released...
- Art Book Publishers Branch Into New Territories. // Book Publishing Report;5/24/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 19, p1
Announces that book publishers are venturing into the cultural mainstream. Titles of these books; Names of the publishers; Price of the books.
- The Devil and Miss Regan. Newman, Judith // Vanity Fair;Jan2005, Issue 533, p52
Profiles Judith Regan, owner of publishing company ReganBooks in the U.S. Titles of books published by the company; Amount of money earned; Description of Regan's personality and character.
- The Other Side of the Coin: Alternatives for the Sustainable Growth of the Book Market in Brazil. Godinho, Fábio // Publishing Research Quarterly;Dec2006, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p37
The article discusses how the book industry in Brazil can improve its status through sustainable growth. Sales of trade books, government purchases, and textbooks all fell between 1995 and 2005. Demographics of the reading population are presented, including the number of students and employed...
- 12 ways to prepare for publishing. Choate, Jane McBride // Writer (Kalmbach Publishing Co.);Oct2008, Vol. 121 Issue 10, p13
This article presents twelve ways for writers to prepare themselves for being published. These tips include treating one's writing as a business and self-promoting, maintaining a strong desire for success, learning the craft by taking classes and reading everything, and think about getting a...