Pearson Ed. Moves Computer Sci. Editor, Changes Reporting Chain
- New S&S/AWL combo will be Pearson Education. Milliot, Jim; Baker, John F. // Publishers Weekly;8/3/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 31, p10
Discusses the merger of Simon & Schuster (S&S) and Addison Wesley Longman (AWL) education business, forming Pearson Education. Details on their location in Upper Saddle River, New Jersey; The relocation of AWL headquarters, meaning the job losses for over half of the people that work there;...
- AWL closing Calif. school division office. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;12/15/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 51, p12
Reports on the pending phasing out of the Scott Foresman/Addison Wesley Menlo Park, California, office. Details of the move; Facts of an additional smaller move involving the school division.
- Publishers/Distributors. // Refugee Survey Quarterly;2000, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p301
The article lists the publishers and distributors including Addison Wesley Longman, Centre for Political and Strategic Studies, and Catholic Fund for Overseas Development.
- Sales rise at AWL, fall at Penguin. // Publishers Weekly;8/10/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 32, p238
Reports on the finances of several publishing companies for the first six months of 1998. Growth of sales at the Addison Wesley Longman education group; Improvement in the group due to cost reduction and strong sales in its elementary school business; Drop in sales at Penguin; Decline as a...
- New execs at AWL. // Publishers Weekly;9/15/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 38, p16
Reports personnel changes at Addison-Wesley Longman. Appointment of Steven Dowling and John LaVacca as top executives; Background of both men.
- Perseus Books to buy AWL's general unit. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;12/22/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 52, p10
Reports that Perseus Books has agreed to acquire the general publishing group of Addison Wesley Longman (AWL) in the first quarter of 1998. Terms of deal undisclosed; Comments from Perseus president Jack McKeown; Features of AWL; Perseus unlikely to retain AWL name; Perseus' previous...
- Perkin's to head AWL's Latin ops. // Publishers Weekly;1/12/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 2, p16
Reports on the appointment of G. Frederick Perkins as president of Addison Wesley Longman Iberoamericana. His responsibilities; His long history in Latin American publishing.
- Digest. Toller, Carol; Lahey, Anita; Anderson, Scott // Quill & Quire;Jul98, Vol. 64 Issue 7, p16
Reports developments related to publishers and publishing companies in Canada as of July 1998. Departure of corporate president Leona Trainer from Stoddart Kids company to join the Stoddart Publishing company; Announcement of the discount structure of Addison Wesley Longman Inc.; Acquisition of...
- Perseus completes AWL buy, renames unit Perseus Books. Rosen, Judith // Publishers Weekly;4/20/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 16, p15
Reports that the Perseus Books Group has completed its previously announced acquisition of Addison-Wesley Longman's (AWL) general publishing group. Renaming of the unit as Perseus Books; Company's engineering, professional and computer book division to remain with the AWL name; Perseus Books to...