Houghton Mifflin Names Zukowski President Of Great Source
- Gentel to Head HM Sales. // Publishers Weekly;9/29/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 39, p19
Reports on the appointment of Gary Gentel as vice president and director of sales for the trade and reference division of Houghton Mifflin in the U.S. Responsibilities of Gentel; Background on the career of Gentel in the publishing industry.
- Houghton Mifflin's K-12 Q2 Sales up 14.3% As Overall Revenues Rise 13.5%. // Electronic Education Report;08/30/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 17, p7
Announces the increase in the sales of Boston, Massachusetts-based electronic publisher Houghton Mifflin for the second quarter of 2000.
- Introduction. // Publishing: A Leap From Mind To Mind;2003, pix
The article discusses various topics regarding Houghton Mifflin Co. tackled within the book, including a collection of interviews about book publishing, and a chapter on the efforts of the company to prevent a hostile takeover.
- Vivendi Woes Roil Foreign-Dominated Textbook Sphere. Walsh, Mark // Education Week;10/9/2002, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p8
Reports on the sale of a French media company, the educational publisher Houghton Mifflin Co. after its acquisition by Vivendi Universal SA. Reason for the sale of the company; Reason for lesser concern about the foreign ownership of textbook publishers in the United States; Uncertainty over...
- HM gains in '97, cautious about '98. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;2/2/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 5, p17
Reports on sales at Houghton Mifflin (HM) in 1997 and forecasts for sales in 1998. Increase in 1997 sales; Comments from chairman Nader Darehshori; Sales in 1998 only increasing modestly; Reduced adoption opportunities; Sales in its school division; HM's investment plans for the year.
- Houghton Mifflin projects 10% growth in '99. // Publishers Weekly;5/10/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 19, p28
Reports on publishing firm Houghton Mifflin Co.'s sales projections for 1999. Optimistic sales outlook due to increased adoption opportunities and additional funding for educational and assessment materials; Amount of operating loss sustained in 1997; Acquisition of Computer Adaptive...
- people. Reid, Calvin; Tennenhouse, Mary Ann // Publishers Weekly;4/12/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 15, p14
Presents updates on the career of executives in the book publishing industry as of April 12, 2004. Appointment of Amanda Cook as senior editor at Houghton Mifflin; Promotion of Margaret Raymo as executive editor of Houghton Mifflin Children's Books; Appointment of Jeff Pederson as marketing...
- Sales Up 8% at HM, Income Dips. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;2/8/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 6, p96
Reports on the earnings posted by Houghton Mifflin for 1998. Revenues and operating income of the company; Publishing groups which posted gains in the year; Sales of other segment of Houghton Mifflin.
- Financial News. // Book Publishing Report;10/09/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 40, p6
Reports that Boston, Massachusetts-based publisher Houghton Mifflin's third-quarter results will fall short of expectations. Net sales of the firm for the third-quarter; Reasons for the lower than anticipated sales; Expected net sales for the fourth quarter.