- ITV, Channel 4 in funding feud. Kaye, Jeff // Hollywood Reporter;12/13/95, Vol. 340 Issue 11, p8
Reports on disagreements over funding between the Independent Television Network (ITV) and Channel 4 of Great Britain. Comments of Channel 4 head, Michael Grade; Row over whether Channel 4 should subsidize ITV.
- Warner Bros. strikes deals with UK's ITV, Channel 4. Johnson, Debra // Broadcasting & Cable;12/30/96, Vol. 126 Issue 53, p30
Reports on ITV Network's program supply agreement with Warner Brothers and commercial service Channel 4. Terms of the deal; Value of the Channel 4 deal; Films included in the deal.
- Absorbing upfronts season in the offing after resurgent 2011. Lee, Jeremy // Campaign;9/9/2011, Issue 36, p18
The author discusses the major transitions among various television (TV) networks both on-air and behind the scenes in 2012 including Channel 5, Channel 4, and ITV PLC, which can lead to an interesting upfront season.
- C4 eyes revenue boost with +1 channel launch. Lee, Jeremy // Marketing (00253650);6/20/2007, p1
The article reports on the plan of Channel 4 company to launch a time-shifted version of its main terrestrial channel on August 2007 in Great Britain. The initiative is expected to increase the company's share of commercial audience and advertising revenues. Furthermore, chief executive Andy...
- C4 set to launch music channel. // Media Week;6/24/2008, Issue 1166, p5
The article reports on the plan of Channel 4 to launch a 4Music-branded television channel to replace The Hits music channel at V Festival in August 2008. It is speculated that Channel 4 will use the event to market the 4Music brand. The event will be held from August 16 to 17 in Hylands Park,...
- Channel 4 launches E4 interactive entertainment. Dwek, Robert // Marketing Week;1/18/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 50, p16
Reports that British television firm Channel 4 will launch an interactive entertainment channel called E4. Appointment of digital agency KPE to develop e4.com into a major broadband destination; Simultaneous launching of E4 and e4.com; Success of Channel 4 with Internet operation Big Brother.
- February 5 TV update: New season highs, lows and don't knows. // Onfilm;Feb2009, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p1
The article reports that New Zealand television networks TV3 and C4 have started their new seasons in 2009 with mixed results. The first week of TV3's program "New in '09" schedule has seen its Sunday-Wednesday 8.30pm staples while "Bones," "CSI," "House," and "Heroes" open or continue strongly...
- C4's leadership crisis. // Televisual;Nov2007, p9
The article focuses on the leadership crisis affecting the broadcasting network Channel 4 (C4) in Great Britain. The author relates on the differing and contrasting strategies employed by former and incumbent executives in managing the network. Moreover, the article notes that whatever problems...
- Beckett Canon set for top talent treatment. Fricker, Karen // Daily Variety;02/08/2000, Vol. 266 Issue 48, p5
Informs that Samuel Beckett's dramatic work is being filmed for television in a co-production between RTE, Ireland's national broadcasting company, and Great Britain's Channel 4, in association with Dublin's Gate Theater and Irish producers Blue Angel Films. Talents; Two plays already filmed;...