Outdoor Life Network
- Outdoor Cable Networks Find Their Own Space. Brown, Joel // Broadcasting & Cable;10/10/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 41, p16
Presents information on cable network Outdoor Life Network in the U.S. Views of Outdoor president Gavin Harvey on some changes in the network; Competitors of the network in the outdoor category; Decision of the network to broadcast National Hockey League games.
- What's In a Name? // CableFAX Daily;4/24/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 79, p1
Reports on the plan of Outdoor Life Network (OLN) to change its name to Versus in September 2006, using the tagline, Network of Champions. Comments given by president Gavin Harvey about the name; Event where the Versus' logo will be unveiled; Rights of OLN to sports not considered traditional...
- CVC or CIA? What Did Comcast Give Up? // CableFAX Daily;10/31/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 211, p1
Reports on an agreement signed by Cablevision and Outdoor Life Network (OLN) with Comcast in the U.S. in 2005. Claims of Cablevision regarding the action made by the owner of OLN for the deal; Views of OLN president Gavin Harvey on the agreement.
- OLN Will Be Rebranded as "Versus" in September. Crupi, Anthony // MediaWeek;4/24/2006, Vol. 16 Issue 17, p6
This article reports on the plan of Comcast's Outdoor Life Network (OLN) to rebrand itself as Versus by the fall of 2006. OLN president Gavin Harvey confirmed the image change after an inquiry with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office revealed that the network had reserved a number of brand...
- Marketing. // CableFAX Daily;9/23/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 185, p3
The article reports on the NHL marketing campaign launched by Outdoor Life Network (OLN) in the U.S. in September 2005. Messages will run on OLN and be available for affiliate use in local avails. The statements issued by Gavin Harvey, network president, on local system outreach efforts are...
- OLN Spins Out $20M Tour de France Campaign. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;5/31/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 22, p18
Reports on a marketing campaign to be launched by Outdoor Life Network OLN) to hype its coverage of the Tour de France, which runs from July 3 to July 25, 2004. Cost of the campaign; Comment from OLN President Gavin Harvey about the coverage; Details of the marketing campaign to be launched by OLN.
- Outdoor Life Network. Chunovic, Louis; Donovan, Sharon // Broadcasting & Cable;6/21/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 25, p16A
Features Outdoor Life Network television station, one of the recipients of the 2004 Brand Builder Awards. Factors which influenced Brian Roberts and Steve Burke of Comcast in appointing Gavin Harvey as the station's president; Fundamental philosophy of Harvey in brand development; Game plan of...
- Comcast Works Through Its Gridiron Envy. Lafayette, Jon // Television Week;2/21/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p2
Reports on the intention of Comcast to secure the National Football League package of games for its Outdoor Life Network. Purpose of the plan of Comcast to offer its equity stakes to other multiple system operators.
- NYC2012 Game Plan Good to Go; OLN Rides Tour de France Epic. Janoff, Barry // Brandweek;5/31/2004, Vol. 45 Issue 22, p12
Presents news briefs on advertising related to sports in the U.S. as of May 31, 2004. Efforts of New York City in line with its bid to host the 2012 Olympic Games; Decision of Outdoor Life Network to support its coverage of the 2004 Tour de France with television and print advertising.