Turner Classic Movies
- It's Starting to Look a Lot Likeâ€¦. Brady, Shirley // CableFAX Daily;10/25/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 207, p2
Reports on television programming plans of Turner Classic Movies (TCM) for 2006. Plan to include film critic Molly Haskell in "The Essentials"; Launch of the TV program "TCM Underground"; Proposal for the first original series of TCM.
- The Essentials Jan.07. Rapkin, Mickey; Sintumuang, Kevin // GQ: Gentlemen's Quarterly;Jan2007, Vol. 79 Issue 1, p48
A photograph of the television program "The Essentials" is presented.
- TCM CUES UP BOGDANOVICH. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;2/14/2005, Vol. 286 Issue 34, p8
Reports on the contract of Peter Bogdanovich to host the weekly franchise "The Essentials" of Turner Classic Movies in the U.S. Schedule of television programming; Acting talent of Bogdanovich; Career in the entertainment industry.
- Networks add alternatives to traditional on-air promos. Atkinson, Claire // Advertising Age;6/21/2004, Vol. 75 Issue 25, p6
Presents news briefs on TV broadcasting in the U.S., as of June 21, 2004. Effort of TV executives to promote their TV shows with their own on-air promotions; Plan of ABC network to change the marketing strategy of its several TV programs; Information on the TV programs to be launched by NBC...
- Baldwin essential at TCM. Littleton, Cynthia // Daily Variety;3/10/2009, Vol. 302 Issue 47, p9
The article reports that Alec Baldwin has signed a contract as a co-host of the show "The Essentials," from Turner Classic Movies (TCM). It notes that Alec Baldwin will be the host of "The Essentials" along with Robert Osborne and Rose McGowan. Moreover, the forthcoming titles of the show...
- 'Raymond's' Winning Ways. Trigoboff, Dan // Television Week;11/24/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 47, p22
Presents information on the total primetime viewership ranking of the off-network sitcom "Everybody Loves Raymond" in the U.S. as of November 24, 2003. Background on the marketing strategy of the show; Comment from Joe DiSalvo, president of King World Domestic Television Sales; Reasons...
- Eh-Oh â€¦ We're Nearly 10. Jenkins, Bob // License!;Jul2006, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p30
The article focuses on the success achieved by the unique show "Teletubbies" created by Anne Wood in a deeply conservative world of television. Former head of children's programming at BBC, Anna Home believes that this was for the first time that a non-verbal show was made that mimicked the way...
- Classics-conscious cabler clears calendar. Dempsey, John // Variety;2/11/2008, Vol. 409 Issue 12, p26
The article discusses the cable network Turner Classic Movies' (TCM) month-long annual marathon of motion pictures nominated for Academy Awards. Steven Koonin, president of Turner Entertainment Networks, discusses how the lack of commercials and editing of films on the network has proved popular...
- Spilled Milk. Leonard, John // New York;11/29/99, Vol. 32 Issue 46, p140
Reviews the television program `Execution of Justice.'